cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just signed up to Ultimate Volt

ACJMY2K
Joining in

Hi all, I've just signed up to Ultimate Volt full beans package for £60pm. It was supposed to include an unlimited data O2 SIM for £25, meaning total spend is £85pm.

The SIM arrived today and having downloaded the my O2 app, it says I have a 5gb data allowance for a cost of £10pm. I checked with O2 amd they said that's right, and when my Virgin starts the data will double to 10gb (for £10pm).

Firstly, that's not the deal I signed up for and secondly I currently pay £10pm for 30gb data with VOXI, so why would I agree to a lesser deal?!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi ACJMY2K,

Sorry to hear you're having some trouble with the Connect App. Is the device you're using the Connect App on connected to your home network? This would be the first step to check as if you're connected to mobile data, the app will not find the Hub.

I'd recommend trying to factory reset the Hub too if there is still a problem. To do this, you'll just need to stick a pin into the pinhole at the back of the Hub for at least 30 seconds.

Let us know if that helps

Beth

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey ACJMY2K, thanks for joining the forums and for your first post. 
A warm welcome to our community!

We're sorry to hear of the SIM from O2 not being on the right airtime plan and price based on your Volt agreement with us.

We'd love to make things right where possible, can you please check the contract copy you've received when you signed up for this new package to see if there's a description of your O2 SIM and price for this confirmed there?

Also, have you also had any documents sent by O2 regarding this SIM and mobile service and does that advise on the correct price and plan for you?

Do let us know more on the above and we'll be here to assist based on the feedback you'll give us.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for the reply 🙂 yes my o2 contract summary confirms "UNLIMITED GB UK DATA" at a cost of £25pm - this was sent by virgin along with the broadband and TV contract summary

None of the emails I have from o2 state a data allowance 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for letting us know, ACJMY2K.

We're sorry to see the SIM is not as described on the deal you've signed up for, we'd love to assist with this however it's O2 that can arrange to change this for you to the correct airtime plan.

Can you confirm what was discussed with O2 mobile care over the previous communications you had in regard to this?

Have you explained you've signed up for the unlimited SIM plan and provided a copy/screenshot so they can review and correct this?

On the O2 documents, do you have a confirmation of the monthly price and data allowance that does not agree with our contract info?

Adri
Forum Team

Yes, they have me down for 5gb at £10pm. They said this data will be doubled to 10gb once the volt is active (virgin installation is not for another month yet). Should I wait until virgin is installed before going back to them?

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey ACJMY2K, thanks for explaining more on this.

We'd advise to wait until your VM services get active so you can then contact O2 mobile and let them know you're on the wrong plan based on your Volt agreement so they can switch you to the Unlimited data SIM for £25 monthly.

Can you confirm what is your install date we've advised and if you can follow up on this with O2 mobile after the installation is complete?

You may also provide a screenshot as proof of this and we're sure our mobile partners will be happy to rectify this.

Do keep us posted on how things go too

Adri
Forum Team

Will do, thanks. Virgin install date is 8th may

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Oh, thanks for confirming! That's great, please do get in touch once your new deal has taken effect (as this only activates after install).

With the new Volt in place, O2 should be able to review this and make things right for you.

Glad to see you won't have to wait too long for this as you'll be installed by the end of this week.

Please, keep us posted and we'll be around to give you a hand if you need more support after that point.

Adri
Forum Team

Hi, finally had VM installed today so have asked o2 to apply volt benefits.

I do however now have a different issue - the WiFi does not reach my office / 2nd living room. I had powerline adaptors with BT which worked ok. The installer said they do not have pods on hand I have to ask for them. I looked online to find I need to use the VM connect app to request these.

I installed the app but its asking me to install the router (it has already been done by the installer) and there's no option to link to the router if already up and running?!

I just want to order a couple of wifi pods?!

Hi ACJMY2K,

Sorry to hear you're having some trouble with the Connect App. Is the device you're using the Connect App on connected to your home network? This would be the first step to check as if you're connected to mobile data, the app will not find the Hub.

I'd recommend trying to factory reset the Hub too if there is still a problem. To do this, you'll just need to stick a pin into the pinhole at the back of the Hub for at least 30 seconds.

Let us know if that helps

Beth