cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virginmedia in breach of their contract

martin72
On our wavelength

I am sick of virginmedia and their lies

Earlier this year i spoke to someone via online chat about the cost of my package,i was paying £76 a month and then it suddenly jumped to £98 a month which i said was to expensive in the current climate.After 20 minutes on the chat they agreed a new offer which was to go back to the £76 a month i was paying (i have been with virginmedia for 15 years) i said this was just about manageable and they said they would send me confirmation via post and email....that never came.

I am still having to pay £98 a month which as i said before is just not possible.I have spoken via online chat 3 times since and just keep getting fobbed off by the online idiots.Last time it was £98 a month because i had 3 late payment amounts of £7.50 added.....how the hell can that be possible as i pay my bill.i maybe one behind but how can i have the amount of three late payments added....it would only be one?

I have spoken with several people who advise me to seek legal advice as virginmedia are in breach of their own contract.I wish to cancel my account and get away for this bloody nightmare.

I will await the response before i contact my solicitor

6 REPLIES 6

martin72
On our wavelength

I was paying £76 a month and a price hike to £98 came along,I said I couldn't afford that,so they dropped it back to £76,I done this via online chat,I saw the offer in the chat window yet never received an email for it,3 months later they are still charging me £98,I have spoke via online chat and all the chat muppets say its £76 yet my contract says £98.absolute disgrace, they are in breach of their own contract, I am getting legal advice and action to get out of my contract with these con men,its because Branson has lost loads of money and this is how he claws it back.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @martin72,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you've had a poor experience with our team and that you're having some ongoing billing issues.

I'll be more than happy to look into this further for you and see how I can assist with this issue and see what we can do to help.

I'll send you a Private Message to confirm a few details, so please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.
Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

martin72
On our wavelength

I am being advised to take legal action so that will be the route i take,this has been dragging on for over three months and i simply can not afford to pay the amount you are asking

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Aribitration won't cost you anything and, I believe, it is expected that you have tried such measures before turning to a legal/court process.

https://www.ombudsman-services.org/

Have you made a formal complaint to VM so far?

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/complaints

The default process would be formal complaint to VM >> 8 weeks for VM to resolve or a deadlock letter from VM >> Complaint to Ombudsman Services

martin72
On our wavelength

I put a post here outlining the problem,and a person has sent me messages saying they will assist me in dealing with it,they have just asked me what the problem is even though they read the original post,are these people for real? Absolute morons 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@martin72 wrote:

I am getting legal advice and action to get out of my contract with these con men,its because Branson has lost loads of money and this is how he claws it back.

I am not a lawyer, but... pretty universal legal advice here is likely to recommend exhausting any company's complaints procedure first, including the use of any ADR scheme offered. The courts rightly expect legal action to be an absolute last resort.

And incidentally, Richard Branson has very little to do with VM - Liberty Global have a licensing agreement with the Virgin Group for the use of their brand.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks