cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOLT - Virgin/O2 - Anyone got a speed increase?

Feverdog2872
On our wavelength

Has any Virgin Media customer actually got confirmation of a speed increase to the next level after purchasing a pay monthly sim from 02 via the Volt link?

When buying and checking via 02 it says "You already have Volt benefits, or can't get them in your area"

A few people are saying that you actually have to upgrade your current Virgin package to get the increase, but the advertising says

"Double data on every eligible O2 Pay Monthly plan in your name, in your household. Plus a broadband speed boost to the next available level of Virgin Media fibre broadband (if you don’t already have the fastest speeds you can get in your area)"

Currently on M350 and was hoping to get free boost to M500

Nothing's ever simple is it!

173 REPLIES 173

Again, that page is (deliberately) vague.

So you are a VM customer and then buy a separate SIM Only via someone else because its cheaper with more data.

So on the VM web page that is option" I am a Virgin media customer and an O2 customer"

VM then displays "If you're a Virgin Media broadband and O2 Pay Monthly customer, sign in to see what benefits you could get."

Talk about skirt around in the issue in a typical VM way! Why can't it say You get a data doubling and a free speed tier upgrade on your VM broadband" and then list the small print exceptions.

This is why I am suspicious.....

Hi Gareth/VM

So after reading O2's T&C's, it would seem that if I am already a VM customer (on a non-VOLT package deal) and buy an O2 SIM Only via an indirect (non-direct from O2) such as uswitch, then I still qualify for mobile data speed doubling and a speed bump on the next tier above my current VM Broadband.

Is this correct because the web pages and T&C's certainly are pointing to this; there is nothing to say otherwise in small print?

Also as 500mbps and 1gbs are same price on VM, does that mean 350mbps gets bumped to 1gbs in those areas that have it?

thank you

As Unisoft said, I did exactly the same except through O2 via link on Virgin.
I think the vague "You've qualified / not available" is confusing a lot of people.

This is beginning to sound like a right mess-up. 

Its like an ASA complaint if what they say is not what they are doing. All exceptions should be clear.

Its the same on the o2 forum, it seems VMo2 have over promised and undelivered and have created one big infinite loop full of garbage information.

Some people have been told it doesn't include M600 to Gig1, some have been told it does... Twitter is useless as you get the same go to the website answer

No one in o2 knows owt, no one in VM knows owt, but I have noticed that @Shroko is a VM employee, as confirmed on O2's forum, so surely he should be identified as one on the forum and help work out why its such a mess

So jumping around the various forums, it would seem the latest excuse being thrown around is your email cannot have been associated with an O2 account past or present!

Can't wait for the "Sorry your not eligible because water is wet" excuse. 🤣

If thats the case, then VMo2 are in for a whole world of hurt.....  

And it starts to become unfair terms and conditions, as I for one don't use the same email for o2 and VM, and never will....

Fromglos
Tuning in

I just signed up to o2 sim only deal on Uswitch. Now got access to myo2 and had the same error message of

"You already have Volt benefits, or can't get them in your area.Your benefits may have already been applied. If they haven't, it's because they're not currently available at the address below, but might be in the future. If this isn't your address, you can update it now."

Contacted Virgin who advised me to wait for 7 days and the speed boost should be done automatically. Unable to connect to O2.

So thats completely different to what o2 are telling people which is 14 days for anything to be applied...

And if you have Gig1 you get nowt....

Everyone meet back in 7 days to update......then 14......then 30...then oh you get the picture 🤣