cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM hub not accepting password

Anonymous
Not applicable

I cannot sign into the VM hub to check everything is working okay, I am concernd that someone may have hacked it but have noticed that other users are having the same problem. I have tried to access many times but still no luck.

I notice that a new up to date hub is now avaiable, how do I get one of these, Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Alice10.

With is being a switchover that all telecom companies have to adhere to.

I can happily say it wont be a chargeable appointment.

Would you like me to book it in now so we can get as close to the 16th as possible?

Gareth_L 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you sure you are using the correct password? There are two one for WiFi and one for the router admin. If the correct one does not work, you could try a pin hole reset, this will set the hub back to it’s shipped state, but lose any amendments you have made.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank  you for your reply, it is the correct password that I used , I have tried re-setting the hub but no luck, used a pin, unplugging  the computer etc.,  I have also tried using  the orignal hub password.  I think the hub needs updating and do  not know where to go from here.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi alice10 👋

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome back to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with the Hub not accepting your Admin Password. When resetting the Hub, please hold the pin/object in place for 10-20 seconds to perform a complete factory reset, holding this for any less may cause the Hub to reboot, but not fully reset.

The password on the Hub wouldn't change or fail due to the Hub's age. After resetting the Hub, what page do you see on the Admin Settings? What error do you see when attempting to sign in to the Admin section of the Hub? Are you able to provide a screenshot?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried everything, have unplugged at the wall and left for half an hour.  I have used the pin hole technique   but still no luck, have tried details from white label on the bottom of the hub but this did not work.

I am quite concerned now that I may have been hacked as I have never had this problem before, Could  you kindly advise as to what to do next as I do not want to carry on being on line while I have this issue. Thank you.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi alice10,

Thanks for providing a further update on this. I'm sorry to hear things still aren't working. I'm going to send you a private message so we can issue you a replacement Hub.

Please look out for it in the top-right, white envelope or by tapping your profile picture and then "Messages".

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply.

I eventually managed to sort it after using the correct passwords time and time again.

I then changed password  to a new password  to be on the safe side and everything works  fine now.

Thanks for letting us know alice10,

Great to hear it's sorted.

Alex_Rm

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply, could you kindly direct me in getting  help me with a different issue  relating to the Fibre phone adaptor. I have just received the adaptor.

My hub is one the ground floor with a phone  extension close by close by run off a twin set of phones, the house is spread over three floors. The main phone connection is in the lounge on the 1st  floor, there is another phone  on the third floor.

Thank you for your time.

I understand that I can

Hello alice10.

Thanks for keeping us busy with another question. We are always happy to help.

Its always tricky to visualise a home set up.

With the main phone socket being in the lounge away from the Hub. It is possible to arrange for a service technician to attend and connect the mains socket up to the adapter/hub.

Do you have your switchover date yet? 

Gareth_L