cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports HD as standard with certain deals?

Dan723
Joining in

To Virgin Media

It is 2024, how is Sky Sports HD not standard. HD has been around for well over 15 years. Also considering that UHD is now available, so is it extra to take HD and then extra again to take UHD or can you just take the UHD?

Why is it still extra to have this in HD? only getting 576i in 2024 is crazy considering how much Sky Sports is, The quality on the Sky Sports SD channels are very poor quality. 

I read a few different places that with the bigger combo + sports, Sky Sports is HD as standard is this correct? 

I would like to discuss this please, preferably in PM

Daniel

13 REPLIES 13

Well the package that we have is the  bigger combo + sports but we do not have the HD Sky Sports channels included. 

And that is completly wrong in my opinion. It's a rip off. £84 a year to have Sky Sports in HD £168 a year for UHD. Its 2024 HD should be the minimum quality

Sky Cinema is no longer provided in SD should be the same with Sky Sports.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you feel that strongly about this, then vote with your feet .. ?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Adduxi wrote:

If you feel that strongly about this, then vote with your feet .. ?

Indeed so - but Sky Sports SD/HD is carried on the same basis on both Sky & NowTV, reinforcing that this is a broadcaster choice, not one of the wholesale platform. So "voting with your feet" would mean not taking a Sky Sports subscription.

Just to put some perspective on this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks