cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix activation via new improved contract

Jamie_R
On our wavelength

One of the VM salesforce cold called to offer me a new package back in mid January.  This is a frequent occurence and I usually decline.  However, we were about to move out of our property for 9 months whilst carrying out building works and therefore the sales agent kindly explained what is possible (and having now moved out I would complement VM about managing that transfer process).  BUT the sales agent highlighted a great deal where the overall cost of my bundle would remain about the same but I would be getting an O2sim and mobile phone contract, the TV mega provision including Sky sports / cinema AND Netflix standard.  As we were already Netflix subscribers this sounded a great deal to sign up to - so we did back on Jan 16th 2024.

We moved house on 19th Feb and must say that the thing went smoothly - except Netflix, which probably represents 80% of our viewing.  When moving house there is a lot going on so perhaps we missed the boat in responding to certain VM emails but I would have hoped we could resolve.

VM Netflix link email sent 17th Jan 2024

VM Netflix reminder 14th Feb 2024

Wife cancels existing Netflix subscription 17th Feb 2024

VM email stating Netflix account has been suspended 19th Feb

First call made to CS by my wife to resolve Tues 20th Feb - "rest assured, Tech team will be in touch within 5 days"

Second CS call made by me Fri 23rd - agent assured me that the tech team would resolve within 5 days (I pointed out that this was a delay from the initial assurance!)

Third call to VM by my wife to complain about the service - agent explained that the complaints resolution team would respond...

Response from Complaints (C-0603241477) recommended clicking account settings then "Netflix Account Recovery" (but as this does not exist on our screen we cannot proceed!)

Fourth call with CS by me on Friday 8th March explaining the above and pleading for resolution as was going to be out of the country for 8 days and wanted to resolve before leaving my wife!

nothing...

Final call to VM CS agent by myself today (Mon 18th March) asking for an update - he advised that raising another ticket may confused the resolution team and delay the fix AND whether I had considered cancelling and opting for a bundle that didn't include Netflix and then signing up for Netflix directly!      

I would deeply appreciate anyone's advise as to how to resolve

11 REPLIES 11

Jamie_R
On our wavelength

This sounds very familiar - spoken to 4 customer service agents who are very polite and stated much assurance that appears to be meaningless.  Over a month without the promised Netflix, and not moving forward.  Latest agent suggested I cancel my current package, look for one without Netflix, and subscribe to Netflix separately!  This is where I was 2 months ago but the wonderfully enthusiastic sales team persuaded me to opt for the "too good to be true" bundle that is, in fact, too good to be true.  Most frustrating issue is that any new ticket may result in the IT team getting confused - but I cannot liaise with the IT team to highlight that they've exceeded the rest assured 5 days max resolution 4 times over! 

Jamie_R
On our wavelength

Dear Akua_A,

I have a similar issue.  One of the VM salesforce cold called to offer me a new package back in mid January.  This is a frequent occurence and I usually decline.  However, we were about to move out of our property for 9 months whilst carrying out building works and therefore the sales agent kindly explained what is possible (and having now moved out I would complement VM and managing that transfer process).  BUT the sales agent highlighted a great deal where the overall cost of my bundle would remain about the same but I would be getting an O2sim and mobile phone contract, the TV mega provision including Sky sports / cinema AND Netflix standard.  As we were already Netflix subscribers this sounded a great deal to sign up to - so we did back on Jan 16th 2024.

We moved house on 19th Feb and must say that the thing went smoothly - except Netflix, which probably represents 80% of our viewing.  When moving house there is a lot going on so perhaps we missed the boat in responding to certain VM emails but I would have hoped we could resolve.

VM Netflix link email sent 17th Jan 2024

VM Netflix reminder 14th Feb 2024

Wife cancels existing Netflix subscription 17th Feb 2024

VM email stating Netflix account has been suspended 19th Feb

First call made to CS by my wife to resolve Tues 20th Feb - "rest assured, Tech team will be in touch within 5 days"

Second CS call made by me Fri 23rd - agent assured me that the tech team would resolve within 5 days (I pointed out that this was a delay from the initial assurance!)

Third call to VM by my wife to complain about the service - agent explained that the complaints resolution team would respond...

Response from Complaints (C-0603241477) recommended clicking account settings then "Netflix Account Recovery" (but as this does not exist on our screen we cannot proceed!)

Fourth call with CS by me on Friday 8th March explaining the above and pleading for resolution as was going to be out of the country for 8 days and wanted to resolve before leaving my wife!

nothing...

Final call to VM CS agent by myself today (Mon 18th March) asking for an update - he advised that raising another ticket may confused the resolution team and delay the fix AND whether I had considered cancelling and opting for a bundle that didn't include Netflix and then signing up for Netflix directly!      

I would deeply appreciate anyone's advise as to how to resolve

Hi there @Jamie_R 

Thank you so much for your post an welcome back to the community forums, it's great to have you with us. 

I am so sorry to hear that you are facing this issue with your Netflix and I would be more than happy to have a look into this with you via a private message. I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jamie_R

Thank you for your post, we are very sorry to hear of the issues you've had with your package.

We can see that you are currently in private message with my colleague Ash - I will leave you in her capable hands 😊

Beth

Jamie_R
On our wavelength

thanks Beth

Jamie_R
On our wavelength

Hi Beth,

We're now 6 weeks down the line and no movement forward with activating the "free with package" Netflix.  Is it a VM strategy to take complaints down the "private message" route to lessen the noise of people not satisfied with the service they are paying for and not receiving.  Please can someone at VM resolve this mess quickly?

and can you stop patronising me with new earned badges - I'm over 50 years old and do not get a dopamine hit from likes / badges 

Hi Jamie_R 👋 Thanks for returning to the thread to keep us updated. 

So sorry to hear you are still awaiting the resolution of your Netflix issue! We appreciate this must be frustrating. 

We try to only take customers into a private PM thread when we need to confirm some information in a secure and private space. We always aim to return to the public thread to keep things updated wherever possible. 

It does look like my colleague Ashleigh is still supporting you via PM - please do continue to keep her updated in your message thread so she can support with this issue for you. 

Regarding the badges, our staff members don't have any influence or control over this. These are the features of the community space. You usually earn them by interacting with the forum or other users. (For example by creating threads, replying to other members of giving & receiving Kudos.) You can see more information in the community FAQ's here 👉  Community FAQ - Virgin Media Community Community FAQ - Virgin Media Community . Nonetheless, apologies for any frustration caused as a result. 

We hope the issues with your Netflix are resolved soon. Thank you for your patience in the meantime! 🌞

Molly

Jamie_R
On our wavelength
Still no resolution...
"We’ve looked into it and here’s what we found:
Hello Jamie, thank you for taking the time to write to us, and a hearty welcome to our Virgin Media family (I've been part of this family for over 20 yers, but thank you), I am writing to let you know that we have received your complaint regarding the Netflix subscription. I will strive my best to get this sorted out for you. We want to apologize for the hassle which has been caused.

Firstly, I apologize for the inconvenience which has been caused to you by us. We have taken up your valuable feedback and it will be passed on internally so that we don’t repeat this to our customers (don't really understand what is meant by this). Thank you for giving us a chance to serve you and we hope to continue to provide you with the best we can offer you from our end (only offering words at the moment).

However, as you have notified us about the issue, we will certainly look into this and get this resolved for you (I'm excitedly hopeful). To activate your Netflix account do follow the below steps:- You can get this resent through your My Virgin Media account online. (presumably copy-pasted from your tech team?)
log into their My Virgin Media account (I can do this - hurrah!). Within the Netflix section (oh dear - I cannot find this elusive "netflix" section), they will be able to see an Activate button (couldn't find the netflix section and certainly no sign of an activation button), in which they should click to complete their registration (I'd love to, but alas no button to click), and follow the instructions in front within My Virgin Media (now depressed following the hope).

Please do write back to us on the same email once you are able to access Netflix (can't access so cannot go down this route), if not do contact our technical team as they would be happy to assist you further on the same (please advise how the tech team can call me to walk through how to do this when I can feedback and explain what I actually see on screen rather than what they expect me to be able to see).

For further help and support, please do contact our customer care team as they will guide and help you. Please do reach us on How to watch Netflix | Virgin Media (is this meant to be a link?)
We are happy for you to provide us with an opportunity to serve you, thank you for your patience (patience ran out after 4 weeks - now approaching 8 weeks!) and waiting for our response. Take care, stay safe.

Here's what we offer as a resolution:
Technical ->Technical help provided (you think?)

We hope this works for you. I had hope, you have a duty to uphold your side of the contract - enticing with Netflix that isn't delivered is breach of contract

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Jamie_R 

Please try the following to see if there is a netflix link on your account thaat might help with the activation.

Sign into My Virgin Media and scroll dwon the bottom of the page. Under the Quick Links section there should be an icon with the caption Entertainment Services.  If it's there then click on the icon and it should open another page with possible links to netflix, disney+ and amazon prime.(see screenshots below) 

If there's a netflix icon there then try clicking on it to see if you can move any further foward with the issue.

ent.jpgClipboard01.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali