cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Renewal

Banksy1970
Joining in

I was sent a renewal post telling me that my contract for just broadband only was coming to end in February 2024 and that my new renewal was going to be double my original cost of my current package to a cost of £57.00

i checked online and a package on the virgin media site a much better package than my current one and also in addition includes a landline and a mobile device was £31.99

i asked for this package and was told it was only for current customers and then I said I was a current customer, to be told it was a mistake and was only available to new customers.

i was very dismayed by this and asked why.. to be told that they do not have loyalty to current customers and seek new customers and give them the benefits.

Ive been with Virgin media for nearly 20 years and to be told today that there is no loyalty for customers is disgusting.

im not surprised people are leaving in their droves and sadly I today am leaving your organisation as of today due to lack of loyalty and support for you’re current customers.

you need to get your systems in order as it’s atrocious trying to cancel when I did only to be told at the time of cancelling that I could have the same package if I didn’t cancel as I had before.

After 2 days of trying to reach an agreement with you and to be told no chance of the same price you then offer it to me due to me leaving, which is disgusting practices of any company, especially a company that says it prides itself on customer service.

your company will suffer in the long run and you have brought this on yourselves.

Mr Banks

i

35 REPLIES 35

We'd be very sorry to see any customer leave us. We continually review all our packages and offers and so what is available can change. 

We would recommend checking with the team whenever possible. 

^Martin

Martin and anydody else from VM but after speaking to VM about next contract rate which at present is £35 for 132MBs + anytime phone calls , I was quoted a rise of £11 to £46 with same package or £48 if I cancelled my phone package - which I coudn't understand and very upset with these figures. But the I just happened to look on my account mentioning about the 8.8% mid contract price rise then goes on saying that from 25/4/2024 it will rise to £57.66 !!!! - what are VM trying to do? Still I have made my mind that I shall be packing my bags and go to a provider that looks after "old" customers. Bearing in mind I have had no communication from VM about new contract so it appears that you have to do it all yourself unlike my daughter & brother who are with Plusnet and they always keep them informed.

Hi davrob

As a business, we are not immune to rising costs, primarily due to wider economic changes from rising inflation. With rising customer usage, we’re continuing to invest in our network and services to meet customer demand, as well as innovating and improving network performance and reliability to ensure our broadband service continues to deliver the fastest widely available speeds in the UK.

Beth

£75.07 for 500mbps BB per month on VM. Or ALTNET 1gbps down and up for 29.99 with no in contract price rises and BT FTTP doing at least 500mbps for around £30 on offers (and usually renegotiations at end of term like my mum has done instead of switching). Loss of revenue for VM from Stream (Entertainment) subscription to add to that to and an O2 SIM cancellation coming up.

VM's 18 month contract that no longer has any escape clauses for yearly price increases, that legally you can be held to, but you have no idea when agreeing to the contract what they will be.

Its a 'No' from me, and I just gave notice after being with VM since 2007, bar one year in that term....

Next, is cancellation of my separate O2 SIM in June as I put up with that because of VOLT "free" upgrade reason only. When I say "put up", most people will know that's because of slow data that is hardly useable because the cells are overloaded.

Congratulations to your offshore call centre; you are another number down.

Martin I have already stated that my contract will go up from £35 to £46 end of the month which is disgusting when new customers are offered £26.50 for 132MBs then I have just had a notice attached to my account that from 26/04/2o24  it will go up from £53 !!!! to £57.66 !!! what is VM telling to tell me. Thou I have already made my mind to up & go but this really rubs salt into the wound after been with VM for a live time and paying all that money out to them.

Hi davrob

Every customer will receive an individual price rise specific to them. If you wish to discuss your increase further, you can reach us online (virg.in/contactvm), by calling 150 from your Virgin Media landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone.

Beth