cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to contact Virginmedia via Live Chat

davehoward
On our wavelength

Hi, 

I also cannot get to speak with anyone via live chat. It's very frustrating 😑 I just want to speak about renewing my contract. 

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @davehoward 

Apart from the onlive Live Chat you can also text VM on 0753 305 1809 or speak to the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112,  but phone calls take priority and the other methods can take 4 to 6 hours, sometimes longer as agents are transferred to the phone if there are long queues in that area.

The quickest contact method is by calling either 150 from a VM phone, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

I'm afraid that the forum team can't process regrades or help with pricing, however you should speak to retentions (thinking of leaving) and see what price you can negotiate. They are generally based in the UK, and have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents.

Hopefully you can then negotiate a deal with them that's suitable to your pocket and needs in exchange for a new contract. Or failing that you can place a cancellation with that team.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello davehoward.

Thanks for your post and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear about the struggles you're having trying to look at a renewing your contract.

As much as we would like to help from here, billing and package changes are out of the support scope we can offer on here.

Looks like @newapollo has given the best advice possible to help.

We do hope you manage to get this resolved though.

Anything else we will be happy to take a look at.

Gareth_L

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve spoken to live chat twice now and it wasn’t worth the effort. they weren’t listening to the data/tv things I said I wanted, or the price range I wanted and kept trying to sell me what they wanted me to get, £100+ packages when I wanted to have something in the £40-90 range and with stuff I don’t want or need. They called me the wrong name and pretended I couldn’t get anything at all under £100 🤣

You may have better luck calling them, and speaking to them in person. It’s luck of the draw though, I got someone who wasn’t bothered and never suggested anything at all, so now I’ve cancelled and am off. 

Hey @mmaohara Thanks for reaching out to us on here. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear you've decided to leave after the poor experience with the team. 😢
May I ask if you've tried to reach out to the retentions team on the main line to see what they can offer? 

Ring them on 0345 454 1111 and our team can advise you what we have on for offer.

Let us know how it goes with them. 🧾

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs