cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Home and Contract

Jola
Joining in

Hi 

I hope someone here can help me. I’ve been pushed to the edge by VM over the past week and a half. They disconnected me 1.5 weeks early before moving home, couldn’t reconnect me after 4 ‘reconnection forms’ raised, 6-7 different operators assuring me it will be done in 24/48/72h… and me checking every day going crazy. They even told me to cancel my installation date at new address (10th May) and then they’ll reconnect me but that didn’t happen. I then spoke to sales team and they said there is an error on my account and I  need ‘new’ contract, because if they reconnect me at current address I’ll be paying £141 (even though I’m still within current 18 month contract until October 2024 - £60 Virgin £25 o2), because my discounts were apparently removed. They opened a contract at a new address and I tried to make sure it’s a continuation of the current one which runs out in October 2024 but I just don’t know. I made it clear I don’t want a brand new 18 month contract…They are also sending me new o2 sim which I said I didn’t want because I have one already within current contract and according to o2 Virgin Media shouldn’t do that, but Virgin Media just tell me to speak to o2 and that they can’t help... So today I have an engineer coming to my new property and I genuinely don’t know if I’m entering into a brand new contract or I’m continuing within the old (maybe they had to set this up that way because it’s a new address). They also told me he will have all new equipment even if I have it all at already (??) I also don’t know if I’m gonna have to pay twice for o2 now, what do I do with this other sim… Nobody could help me when I called 9-10 times. Everyone told me different things. The amount of times I had to call confirm my memorable word and explain this from the start to different people is horrendous. I’ve asked multiple times to speak to a supervisor or manager but apparently there are none at Virgin Media. I emailed my complaint to the only email provided to me (homemovers@virginmedia.co.uk) I don’t even know if it’s a real email address. I’m exhausted so reaching out here. Any ideas, thoughts? Thank you 

3 REPLIES 3

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Jola,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you have had this issue with your account and the home move you had, to start the email you listed is valid and is usually where the team ask for any evidence etc to be sent to. With regards to the contract, the end date and terms are kept the same if the package transferred is the same, if anything is changed or amended when you move, I.e. You downgrade your broadband speed, this would result in a new contract. Finally with the SIM you would need to speak to O2 to get that cancelled through.

Joe

Hi Joe

Thank you for your response. I spoke to o2 this morning that’s all sorted. Regarding virgin media what I don’t understand is why they said it’s a brand new contract…and that I will be getting new equipment, instead of using what I already have which is what I was told at the start happens during house move. I’m just exhausted speaking to them tbh. 

Hey @Jola,

Thanks for getting back to me, glad to hear you managed to fix the O2 side of things, with regards to the Virgin side, I would be more than happy to look into this further to see if there's something I can clarify on further here. For me to do so I will be sending you a private message.

Joe