cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel Contract

pippa_14
Tuning in

I want to cancel my contract as I am moving in with my partner (who is also with Virgin). Contract isnt due to expire until Aug 2023, however my contract says that if I cancel after 3rd Feb 2022 I wouldn't have to pay cancellation. I thought this was because I just changed my contract with them so I would be able to cancel without paying at any time. It is way past that date but when I phone up they are saying that doesnt apply and I now have to pay £66 plus a few months payment to be able to cancel. How enforceable is that if I have a contract that says otherwise?capture3.JPG

2 REPLIES 2

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That contract doesn’t make sense.

The 3rd Feb 2022 date is patently incorrect as it pre-dates the contract date of 18th Feb 2022.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi pippa_14,

Thanks for your post. Sorry to see there's a bit of confusion and conflicting information surrounding your contract. I can agree that it doesn't look right.

I'll pop you over a private message now so I can dive into your account with you and see what's going on.

If you're using a desktop version of the Community Forums, you'll be able to find my message at the white envelope in the top right. If on a mobile device, you can access your messages by clicking on your profile picture and going to 'messages'.

Thanks

Beth