cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect bill after retentions deal

mattdinio
Joining in

I entered into a new deal on 24th Apr 2024 via retentions. I can see the new contract on "My virgin media" and the start date is effective of 24th April 2024. However a bill also generated on 24th April against the old contract for the May to June period which is out of contract and is almost £200 rather than the new contract amount. The retentions person added a credit to the account to compensate for the massive price difference, so I wouldn't be paying the near £200. I can see this credit, but it doesn't appear to be against this bill as it is still totaled at almost £200 and a new bill hasn't been generated to reflect this new price. I have spoken to support agents multiple times who have all assured me that my bill is X rather than the extortionate amount. But I'm not seeing this reflective anywhere. I also have an ongoing complaint that hasn't been responded to as of 30th April.

3 REPLIES 3

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @mattdinio thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear of any confusion around your package and billing. And sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing. Also sorry to hear you've not had a response regarding your complaint. I'd like to take a look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Lee, I have a very similar issue, with the only difference being a recurring credit was supposed to be applied to my account by the Retentions Team, however it has not been. Could you please contact me to help rectify this please.

Thanks

Hello cattymccatface

We're sorry to hear of the issues following the recent changes to your package, we understand the confusion and appreciate you raising this via the forums.

It's been a few days since your post, we can see you have spoken to the team during this time and trust everything was discussed and covered during the interaction. If you need further support please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Rob