cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media have not requested my Direct debit for this month

Icktheus76
Joining in

My direct debit is always due on the 9th of each month, for this month still no request, my account confirms payment will taken on the 9th May, but today is the 10th, no option to talk to someone via webchat, so leaving this message here to see if someone reaches out. 

9 REPLIES 9

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Iktheus76, thank you for joining our help forums and for your first post.
We're glad to have you on board, a warm welcome to the VM community. 🙂

Sorry to hear of this issue with your direct debit and payments, we're happy to best support you via the forum.

Have you checked your bills and payments online here to see if there are any unpaid bills or a balance pending payment, currently?
Also, could you log on your online account with us and go to billing>manage my Direct Debit to view what's the status showing there?

Please, share a bit more and we're eager to advise further.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I checked my bill via the VM apps and , it now says bill overdue, of course my bill is unpaid, as you have not requested payment, payment was setup for the 9th May.

Hi Icktheus76 👋 thank you for getting back to us!

Have you recently made any changes to your direct debit? For example, cancelling it or changing the draw date via your My Virgin Media account? virg.in/myVM

If you could please let us know, and I will also send you a PM to confirm a few account details so we can look into things further for you and offer support. You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. 

Thank you for your patience in the meantime! 🌞 All the best. 

Molly

Good morning,

I did change my bank details about 1 or 2 weeks before direct debit was due, received email saying everything was ok, on the 03/05/23

Icktheus76
Joining in

all sorted spoke to someone via WhatsApp 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Iktheus, thanks for this update and for letting us know the Direct Debit issue is now sorted. 🙂 Glad to know our WhatsApp support provided some help with this, if there's anything else you need, feel free to ask. ^AG

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Good afternoon, yes, I have now been hit with charges for late payment, because you failed to request my direct debit on the 9th, as it cannot update bank details after the bill as been issued.

I would like a refund please, as I diligently waited for my direct debit to be made and then contacted you on the 10th to find out why the direct debit had not been requested, the lateness is due to your payment systems not myself.

Hey @Icktheus76,

Thanks for coming back to us.

Sorry to hear this is still ongoing, in order for me to fully look into this I would like to invite you in for a quick private message, if you have not used this feature before you can access it via the envelope at the top of your screen.

Cheers. Joe

Hey @Icktheus76,

Thanks for that private chat, glad we were able to clarify the issue for you and get this resolved, if you do have any future queries or questions, please do reach out.

Cheers. Joe