cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't create an account

fuvmiff
Just joined

What is wrong with the Virgin Media website? Whatever I attempt to do, no matter the time or year - the only thing I'm ever met with is ERRORS! It's beyond frustrating. Why is nothing fixed on this awful website? 

Anyway. I'm trying to create an account but every time I type a password it shows up with the same error. You can't use that password. Please choose another. YES - I have followed the guidelines (which make no sense, why would I choose such a weak password?); it doesn't work no matter what I type in. This has been an issue since 2019 (!!!) and still hasn't been fixed. Massively disappointed with VM. 

This is for a broadband account. Not Cable or mobile. 

154 REPLIES 154

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi DeanX,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Apologies for the issues faced, I've dropped you a PM so we can discuss further.

Thanks,

Kain

Hello,

Please PM me. I have followed all of the previous steps but still get the error I can’t use that Password.

it is incredibly annoying please sort this out ASAP

@Marcusalter

I've had the same problems and still waiting for a response from the "technical department" - managed to solve it as per posted here by other users:

Create a simple password, something like this kind of sequence:

Pa55word

(Capital, letter, numbers then letters) worked first time - goes against trying to have a more complicated and secure one though!

Hi @Marcussalter,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm really sorry to hear you're having some trouble setting up a My Virgin Media online account. If you haven't done so already, please ensure you're following all of the below criteria and trying a few different variations.

•  Between 8-10 characters.
•  Start with a letter.
•  Contain at least one number.
•  No special characters.

It's also worth attempting via both a browser and via the app to see if you have any better luck with it.

If the issue continues following this, let us know and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi, 

I am having similar issues, nothing I try will be accepted as a password. Can a moderator set up an account for me? 

Cheers 

Nick 

khaled1170
Joining in

Dissapointed with virgin media. almost a week now and this issue has still not been sorted out! I NEED HELP!!!!!!

khaled1170
Joining in

Dissapointed with virgin media. almost a week now and this issue has still not been sorted out! I NEED HELP!!!!!!

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the issues nickjackson641,

I've dropped you a PM so we can discuss further.

Thanks,

Kain

Cant create a password also, I met the requirements 

Can someone pm details how to do this?

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi chrisagnew, 

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you are also experiencing issues registering, I would be happy to help. 

I will pop you over a private message to the purple envelope on the top right of this page now. 

Thank you 

Nat