cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't create an account

fuvmiff
Just joined

What is wrong with the Virgin Media website? Whatever I attempt to do, no matter the time or year - the only thing I'm ever met with is ERRORS! It's beyond frustrating. Why is nothing fixed on this awful website? 

Anyway. I'm trying to create an account but every time I type a password it shows up with the same error. You can't use that password. Please choose another. YES - I have followed the guidelines (which make no sense, why would I choose such a weak password?); it doesn't work no matter what I type in. This has been an issue since 2019 (!!!) and still hasn't been fixed. Massively disappointed with VM. 

This is for a broadband account. Not Cable or mobile. 

154 REPLIES 154

Hey Patrick1995, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry to hear this. 

Have you tried doing this on Chrome in private mode at all? 

I would also try another device.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

I tried it with different browser and also in my smart phone. Didn't work as well. What else can I try? 

Are you getting any errors codes such as DEF01? 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

No, but always "something technical went wrong, please try again later". I also tried to register via app and same thing happened. I already received my virgin media wifi broadband, and I want to register. But this errors always happen. 

Thanks for confirming this @Patrick1995 

Can you please deleting your cache and cookies from the device/browser to see if this helps.
Also use this link here just to be sure you're on the right URL. I

Keep us posted with how you get on. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley