cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing wrong

alchats14
On our wavelength

When I initially took my contract out the date on it was wrong, I rang up to sort this out within a matter of weeks. I have an email from someone who works at virgin media as proof of this (which states the contract end date is wrong and that I am entitled to a credit for a further 6 months) but shock, I have been charged double and apparently there are no notes on the account so is all my fault !!! Have been with Virgin now for at least 6 years because I love the services they provide however I always seem to have problems when it comes to billing, moving house etc so i feel it may be time to move provider this time!!!

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

11 REPLIES 11

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello alchats14

We're sorry to hear of the billing issues experienced, we understand the frustration and appreciate you letting us know via the forums.

We can see you have spoken to the team today, were they able to assist with this or offer any resolution for your query?

Let us know.

Rob

Hi

they assured me they would call me at 10am last Friday to let me know it had been rectified but surprise surprise I haven’t heard anything! Absolute joke! I’m so mad!

alchats14
On our wavelength

Still waiting for my call back from last Friday to see if they’ve managed to fix their screw up! Charged me over double what my contract states, and bill is still wrong for this month!! WHERES MY REFUND OR CREDIT?! Virgin media are scammers. Customer of 5 years and being taken for a mug! Don’t use Virgin people, take your custom elsewhere!

I'm so sorry to hear the team did not call back @alchats14 

I'm going to pop you a private message so we can take a closer look into this and see if we can resolve this issue. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

alchats14
On our wavelength

Virgin media got my contact end date wrong on their system and I have an email from someone at Virgin as proof of this! Been assured 3 times that my bill would stay at £60 p/m till 07/08/2024 yet they took £115 from me this month and plan to take a further £120 next month! Absolute scam! Nobody listens or does anything about it when they owe you money yet if it was the the other way round I’d be having charges applied my credit file marked etc! VIRGIN MEDIA HAVE BREACHED THEIR OWN TERMS AND CONDITIONS!! And based on that and them doing nothing about it (this will be the 13th time I have reached out) I’m going to seek legal advice after today! Absolutely sickening as if there isn’t a cost of living crisis at the moment and they’re stealing money off innocent people. I’m a new mum, just had a baby and am on maternity leave struggling to afford life as it is without this absolute shambles of a company!!! Sickening! 

It's not easy being a new parent and this is the last thing you need. Raise a formal complaint while you wait for the forum team to respond. https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/consumer-complaint-resolution-code-practice

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

My apologies that you feel this way @alchats14 
I can see that one of the forum members are supporting you via private message on this to work to get this fully resolved for you. 
If you've any further concerns you'd like to raise then please let the agent know through your already opened private message and we can assist with this for you. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

alchats14
On our wavelength

SHOCK!!! Being ignored by Virgin media once again… this is the 17th time contacting them about the same issue 😂 What an awful company I’d be embarrassed to work for them!

alchats14
On our wavelength

Why do virgin media employees ask me to explain the situation every time and then ignore me!!! Someone just help a girl out **bleep**!!!