cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Virgin trying to lose customers? New contract "offer" through the roof. Where next?

gcfalco
On our wavelength

My contract is coming to an end in a couple of weeks. I currently pay £111. This was reduced from £146 due to 2 "special discounts" which are apparently now ending.

They've just written to me saying my new bill is now the full £146 (plus in due course the 3.9% + inflation). But they also said their "best deal" for me is £160/month!!!

First Q: I've not agreed any new contract with them. How long will the £146 "offer" be available or will they try to move me to their "best" deal at £160? 

As someone on a pension, finding another £600/yr is not on. Second Q: Is it worth trying their retentions team for a better deal or can I get a better deal elsewhere? (as for customer loyalty - I shan't use the words here I was thinking about how Virgin are handling this!).

Q3: If I moved, can I keep my Virgin email addresses?

Finally, if I try retentions, how do I get to talk to someone UK based. The last time my contract was up I got someone in a far eastern call centre who screamed at me down the line when I wouldn't buy some sort of PC repair insurance - I did complain for the good it did me. I have spoken to some really clued-up people at Virgin in the past - how do I get them on the end of the phone line?

14 REPLIES 14

gcfalco
On our wavelength

Sorry to ask a "stupid question" but the Q itself tells you why I need to ask!

Having had the same (NTL!) email address for many years, any suggestions for the best place to get a new one? Any particular safe & solid?

And before Virgin cut off your old address, is it easy to save/store your old mails?

spell
Knows their stuff

In a similar situation gmail has worked fine for me - inconvenient notifying existing contacts but it only has to be done once and less hassle than I had anticipated - plus as stated not reliant on your internet provider

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

I have Gmail, Outlook.com and Yahoo! Mail accounts, and much prefer Gmail.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@gcfalco wrote:

Sorry to ask a "stupid question" but the Q itself tells you why I need to ask!

Having had the same (NTL!) email address for many years, any suggestions for the best place to get a new one? Any particular safe & solid?

And before Virgin cut off your old address, is it easy to save/store your old mails?

Hi @gcfalco 

The only stupid question is the one you don't ask.

The following link is a pdf which should answer your questions.

/Which_Computing_-_Switch_to_Webmail.pdf 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

amigo66
Tuning in

I've been with Virgin Media 22 years, my bills are increasing more than i can afford,

contacted 'Retentions' today they said, they Cannot help me, until my Cotract ends

in December 2024.

After, this period it's 'Goodbye' to Virgin Media For GOOD.