cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Query

LizzieLoo75
Tuning in

My VM broadband contract comes to an end on 19th May.  I rung and gave 30 days notice on 21st April.  I'm not ending it early. This is the natural end date for my cheaper price to end.  I cannot afford £57 per month so leaving. Simple as that I'm afraid 😪

I have received a final bill for £51.00 covering the period from 9th May to 8th June. I have been paying around £29.99 and it just went with the usual April price rise to £31.55.  I'm a little (well a lot actually) confused about billing from my disconnection date up to 8th June when I obviously won't be using Virgin Media Broadband.  

Please can someone explain it to me.  Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi LizzieLoo75 

Virgin continue to bill you as usual until your disconnection is complete. This helps to make sure your final month of service isn’t interrupted.

You will therefore probably see charges that go beyond your disconnection date, normally because your cancellation date takes effect mid billing cycle.

Once your services are fully disconnected VM recalculate what you’ve used and send an adjusted final bill  detailing any credits you may have for the services you haven't  used. They then refund those monies by cheque

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi LizzieLoo75 

Virgin continue to bill you as usual until your disconnection is complete. This helps to make sure your final month of service isn’t interrupted.

You will therefore probably see charges that go beyond your disconnection date, normally because your cancellation date takes effect mid billing cycle.

Once your services are fully disconnected VM recalculate what you’ve used and send an adjusted final bill  detailing any credits you may have for the services you haven't  used. They then refund those monies by cheque

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

LizzieLoo75
Tuning in

Thank you!