cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk Weekend free phone numbers

gerryatric10
On our wavelength

I have Talk Weekends in my package but is it free to call an 0800 number from my landline any day of the week please.

29 REPLIES 29

That guide clearly states that -
"Call rates to 08 numbers -
Calls to 080 numbers are always freephone"
Also states below this -
Talk Weekends
"0845, Other 08 Chargeable 2 Chargeable 2 Chargeable 2
0870 Chargeable 2 Chargeable 2 Included 1+3"  But no mention the above mentioned 08 or 080 numbers which indicates that they are, as stated "ALWAYS FREEPHONE"

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for this reply, gerryatric.

I have double-checked the info I've passed you here, nothing has changed and my advice still stands.
Sorry for the confusion caused with this.

Regards,

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you for your time and effort on my behalf, sorry but I believe you could be wrong after re checking myself.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Adri_G wrote:

Thanks for this reply, gerryatric.

I have double-checked the info I've passed you here, nothing has changed and my advice still stands.
Sorry for the confusion caused with this.

Regards,

So, for clarity, a customer on 'Talk Weekends' can only make calls for free to 0800 and 0808 numbers at weekends?

I'd respectfully suggest that isn't right or, if it is right, that is an unusual VM interpretation of the freephone numbering system and contradicts the info in the VM price guide (which does correctly show 0800 and 0808 as always freephone).

@gerryatric10 wrote:
Thank you for your time and effort on my behalf, sorry but I believe you could be wrong after re checking myself.

I think, gerryatric10, you could try a very short call to whatever 0800 number you were planning to ring during the week and see if it appears on your bill. You would then have your answer but without any risk of an unexpectedly high call cost.

In conclusion, I think Virgin Media should make the point more clear, "are 0800 numbers Freephone at all times regardless of your plan," but thanks for your suggestion, I'm sure that I can't be the only one confused.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Shocking that VM insist on putting out false misleading information, even with advised otherwise, IMO.

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @gerryatric10

I am sorry for the incorrect information provided in this thread and for any confusion caused.

Calls to 080 numbers are always freephone.

You can call 0800 numbers free of charge regardless of your phone plan with us.

I am sorry again for the conflicting information. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All 0800 and 0808 numbers have been free to the caller from any landline or mobile under OFCOM rules since 2015.

The cost is borne by the receiving party, not by the party making the call, so these will always be free whatever plan you are on.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/about-ofcom/latest/media/media-releases/2015/call-charges-clearer-from-wedn... 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@Vikki_M wrote:

Hi @gerryatric10

I am sorry for the incorrect information provided in this thread and for any confusion caused.

Calls to 080 numbers are always freephone.

You can call 0800 numbers free of charge regardless of your phone plan with us.

I am sorry again for the conflicting information. 

I welcome this correction but surely it would be better for your colleague to come to this forum and apologise for repeatedly giving incorrect information which had been "double-checked".

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection