cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working again and again since Late Dec22

TAILOR97
On our wavelength

Landline is dead again and again  .. No dial tone ..

Been reporting this since late Dec22. It intermittently comes back when repeated reported for a day or two then dies again.

Reported at least 6 times each time being told no isuues on line .. must send engineer .. engineer booked and then gets auto cancelled with txt msg saying ''network issue .engineer cancelled as issue resolved ''. Line was still dead. Six cycles of booking engineer later then.. engineer came and checked my house installation with no problems found .. said no comms to the house and went to check street cabinets .. came back ''sorry dont know whats wrong ''! will escalate... two days later line worked for two days and went dead again. 

Each time i call even tech 1st line says ... protocol says must send engineer !!! 

What on earth is Virgin upto ... Can no one take up this issue properly and read previous notes .. when complaint raised ... answer given will get back to you in 2-10days... meanwhile i have no working telephone line reliably since late December..  I am registered with Virgin as 'vunerable' and need my landline attached via socket (ie always live in power cut situations) hence will not switch to router as even the broadband drops often.

Who can i speak to to get this escalated for a proper fix??  Come on Virgin been with you since 2014 ,, customer service recently is dropping, dont we matter anymore ?

Even requested to speak to a manager, am denied ... told they will call me ... that call never comes. 

Await an answer on this as my last attempt 

43 REPLIES 43

TAILOR97
On our wavelength

Thanks for booking engineer,but as you may see from previous reports its not a problem with any of my installations.( this fault occurs very often so Engineers have been before.) (Since Dec22 )... its on network side ... pls consult previous reports to see the fix which usually actioned quite quickly. Second line technical usually involved.  

Thanks for coming back to me @TAILOR97.

Please allow the visit to take place and confirm what's advised by the engineer.

If we then need to take follow up action, we'll be able to have this arranged for you.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

TAILOR97
On our wavelength

Why is it you guys are insistant on sending an engineer when historically (have you read the past faults hostory reports!) a physical visit is fruitless and a waste of the engineers and my time !  All it does is delay the fix. Is it just a matter of your kicking the problem around and not engaging in a meaningful way...... As I said this is occuring regularly since Dec22 .. surely you can comprehend my installation and the street cabling has been checked over and over again.... Get the backroom boys involved as before NOW! .. Not in 10days time!!! 

Thanks for coming back to me @TAILOR97.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner again for me, and I'll take a closer look at the fault and work with the engineer who is set to visit for you.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn