cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not reciving incoming calls

PeeDeeCee
Joining in

For the last 2 days we have not been able to receive incoming calls.

I called VM TWICE on my mobile and first they said my phone (BT4600) was not compatible.

I checked and found that it IS !

I have reset the Hub3 numerous times and after ANOTHER call this afternoon I was told I would have to wait for 3 working days before I would get a help call.

I'm sure the problem lies in the Hub - I have tried a different handset and it is THE SAME.

HELP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi PeeDeeCee,

Thank you for your post, welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you've been having some issues with your landline service. Provided you are receiving incoming calls to your landline and it's worked previously, it should be compatible, can you please confirm if that's the case?

Have you tried calling your landline from your mobile to see what happens? Do you receive an error message or tone?

We'll do our best to help

Beth

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi PeeDeeCee,

Thank you for your post, welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you've been having some issues with your landline service. Provided you are receiving incoming calls to your landline and it's worked previously, it should be compatible, can you please confirm if that's the case?

Have you tried calling your landline from your mobile to see what happens? Do you receive an error message or tone?

We'll do our best to help

Beth

Thanks Beth.

Yes, I did try calling the landline from my mobile and it was just dead.

The 2nd time I called VM the agent also tried calling and found he could not get through nor even leave a voicemail.

I was put through to tech support who said it needed a call from the telephone team and that would take 3 working days.

However, when I tried again calling the landline from my mobile around 2pm today it worked straight away.

Later I had a call from VM to say the fault had been fixed and that several people in my area had also reported the fault. I asked if the problem had been at the local exchange and was told that it had been a cabling problem.

I am annoyed that I had been told that there was NO fault in the VM system when there clearly WAS !

Hi PeeDeeCee 👋 Thanks for getting back to us!

Really pleased to hear that the issues with your landline are now resolved - sincerest apologies for the fault, and your experience with us whilst this was resolved. 

Some faults can take a little time to appear on our outage trackers 👉 https://virg.in/service or by calling 📞 0800 561 0061, this can happen if no customers (or very few) have reported the same loss of service to us. As soon as we have identified it is an issue affecting multiple customers we can then update the trackers. 

Hopefully there are no further issues, but if the problem does come back please let us know and we will be happy to help!

Hope you have a lovely Easter Weekend. 🐣

Molly