cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline does ring on incoming call

AKH22
Joining in

Hoping someone can help.

I have attempted to call the helpline but after 20 minutes of waiting thought I’d try the forum.

I have recently realised my landline is not ringing for any incoming calls.  I can make calls out absolutely fine.

I assumed this was a fault with our phone and have just bought and installed a new home phone with the same result.  When I called the landline from my mobile, to test the phone, it didn’t ring at all but the phone did recognise someone had called and left a missed call message.

Has anyone else experienced this fault and if so any advice for how to rectify the situation?

many thanks

6 REPLIES 6

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for reaching out to us @AKH22, and a very warm welcome to our Community Forums!

Sorry to hear of the issues you've been experiencing with our landline services.

Can you please confirm if the landline services are connected to the master socket or via an extension socket? 

Please also confirm if you have been able remove any additional equipment connected to the extension sockets and then see if the landline then rings when it's being called.

Thanks

David_Bn

Hi David,

The landline has always been plugged into the main telephone wall socket. It has worked previously but I’m not sure how long it hasn’t been ringing for.

Could you clarify what you would consider an extension socket? The phone is connected directly to the wall, nothing else is connected via the phone line. I have a mesh WiFi and the tv box connected into the hub are you suggesting I remove these and try the phone line?

Thanks

Andrew

Thanks for coming back to me @AKH22, a master socket would usually be identifiable by it having the operators logo on it. 

Have you also been able to try an alternative handset on your landline connection?

Thanks,

David_Bn

AKH22
Joining in

The socket the phone is plugged into does have the virgin logo on it and I have plugged a brand new phone into the socket this evening on the basis I believed our old phone was the issue. The new phone still doesn’t ring.

Many thanks

Andrew

Thanks for coming back to me @AKH22, and working to see if this could be resolved in your own time. 

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me and I'll look into the prospect of having an engineer out to have this resolved for you

Thanks,

David_Bn

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for coming back to me over private message @AKH22.

I've been able to book in an engineer appointment for you. 

For details of the time and date of the appointment, and if you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

Furthermore, I'd need to advise that;

There will be no charge for this visit unless:

• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit.

We will continue to monitor your services and if we can see that the fault has cleared and the visit is no longer required we will cancel the appointment and let you know by text and email.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn