cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teamspeak server

Avitus
Joining in

Hi,

Has anyone successfully managed to host a team speak server using the super 5? I've updated both the TS server and client software to the most current version I think I've got the port forwarding rules set up correctly but not 100% sure.  I've got the local set to my servers local IP address and external port ranges match to that of the team speak server but I still cant connect to my TS server.  Using the super hub 3 this all took less than 5 mins to set up all I had to worry about was my external ip address changing every so often.  But this hub 5 is really starting to drive me nuts now.  I just hope that some one on here can help me.

4 REPLIES 4

Client62
Legend

Hub 5 is garbage in Router mode.   If we bought them from Amazon it would be returned in a week.

Buy your own 3rd party Router & have the Hub 5 in modem mode & to borrow a phrase, take back control !

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

@Client62 wrote:

Hub 5 is garbage in Router mode.   If we bought them from Amazon it would be returned in a week.

Buy your own 3rd party Router & have the Hub 5 in modem mode & to borrow a phrase, take back control !

And unlike the original claim, it will actually work! 🙂

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Definitely a sound suggestion I have used Hub 3, 4 and now 5 in modem mode the only downside to Hub 5 in modem is the loss of about 100mbps which is someone on fibre to the cabs entire internet speed I would recommend you look into Duck DNS as I believe Virgin is dynamic IP addresses would make life easier for those using your server if your Virgin IP changes.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hub 5 has a 2.5Gb NIC, so is more than capable of sustaining the 1GB VM link, providing you match a decent 3rd party Router.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks