cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secondary account Blueyonder webmail

teefften
Tuning in

Hi

Can someone remind me how to access a secondary email account via the web?  . I have Gmail set up to import which is working fine (I think using an App password provided by VM some time ago) but I have no idea now what that is, the webmail password for all aliases used to be the same as the Main User password.  Is this now not the case?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @teefften thanks for popping back. 

We do have another thread here than explains the secondary email reset, are you able to check the advise listed here? 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey, teefften.
Thanks for reaching out on our help forums and sorry to see you're unsure about how to access your mailbox via webmail and what password to use for client Apps.

We'd love to best advise on this, please also visit our page here with the updated info on how to manager your emails and accounts with us.

To access your email account via webmail use this link, or you can sign in to MyVM and go to account settings>account details to find the secondary emails (bottom of page) where you get the option to manage them and make changes (password etc).

For a client App (such as outlook) you'll need to use our email App password, follow the steps on our page -under: How to set up my Virgin Media email on a device- to generate one.

You'll find all the details and steps for generating a 3rd party App password there, do check this out and let us know if you have any questions/concerns or still need our help.
Best regards,

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Adri

I have found   settings>account details>Manage other My Virgin Media accounts  where I can see my aliases listed, but the only option showing is DELETE.   How do I manage/access these accounts?

Hi @teefften thanks for popping back. 

We do have another thread here than explains the secondary email reset, are you able to check the advise listed here?