cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Not Working

Fletch_71
Joining in

Hey you guys...

For the last 3 (three) days both myself and my wife have been unable to gain access to our (ntlworld) email accounts. We have changed passwords and completed ALL of the "fixes" advised on the website. The message we receive whilst trying to login is (please see below):

Please can someone help I am in DESPERATE need to get my emails as I require them for my work.

===========================================================================

our Virgin Media Mail account is currently unavailable

This is either because your Virgin Media Mail account is locked, or because you don’t have an active account with us anymore.

If you have an existing Virgin Media Mail account with us, please follow the steps below, as your account may have been locked as a security precaution.

Follow these steps unlock your Virgin Media Mail account

Step 1.
Go to My Virgin Media : to create a new password for your My Virgin Media account. We need you to create a new password for this account as there may have been a security breach.

• Select Sign In
  • Select Forgotten your email or password? under the password box
  • Follow the instructions to change your password

Step 2.
Next, we need you to generate a new password to be used specifically for signing in to third-party mailbox apps (like Outlook or Gmail) to access your Virgin Media Mail emails. Even if you don’t use these apps to access your emails now, we still need you to reset the password anyway to fully secure your account.

1. Sign In to My Virgin Media
    a. Go to Account settings, then Account details
    b. Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail
    c. Then, under Virgin Media Mail app password tap Get password
  2. Continue the flow and a new secure password will be generated for you
  3. Update any third-party apps that you use to access your Virgin Media Mail emails with this new app password

Please note that as this password is separate from your sign in details for My Virgin Media (or any Virgin Media apps) this won’t affect your My Virgin Media password. So, if you check your Virgin Media Mail emails through My Virgin Media or at mail.virginmedia.com, you'll still only need your My Virgin Media password.

Step 3.
Once your password's reset, make sure your emails are not being forwarded without your knowledge.

• Go to mail.virginmedia.com
  • Sign in with your username and password
  • Click on Menu (top right) and then, Settings
  • Expand the Email option
  • Select Auto Forward

This will show any email addresses set to receive forwarded emails from your Virgin Media mailbox. If it shows one you don’t recognise, select and delete the forwarding rule.

==========================================================================

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Fletch_71

Sorry to hear of the email access issues experienced, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums and welcome to the community. 

In some instances, our internet security team will lock accounts if suspicious activity is reported. This doesn't mean that it appears you have been committing these suspicious actions just that they have been reported. Usually changing your MyVM password will resolve this issue.

Once changed, please go to Account Settings - Virgin Media Mail Settings then click the 'Generate New App password' option which should unlock the email account.

Rob

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Fletch_71

Sorry to hear of the email access issues experienced, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums and welcome to the community. 

In some instances, our internet security team will lock accounts if suspicious activity is reported. This doesn't mean that it appears you have been committing these suspicious actions just that they have been reported. Usually changing your MyVM password will resolve this issue.

Once changed, please go to Account Settings - Virgin Media Mail Settings then click the 'Generate New App password' option which should unlock the email account.

Rob