cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SETTINGS FOR BLUEYONDER ACCOUNT ON MAC MAIL

landryangelica
On our wavelength

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME. I've just wasted another hour of my life and am in tears after trying to get sense from Virgin advisors who are unable to answer a simple question.

I have a Blueyonder account and usually access it via the Virgin website (webmail). I was recently locked out of my email and compelled to spend 2 hours on the phone to Virgin advisors. Finally I got on to someone who knew what they were doing and they talked me through changing my domain name to a gmail address and also changing my Password (it wasn't clear why this had to be done but anyway, it worked and I was able to access my email at last). 

The Webmail was then working and the advisor stayed on the line while I checked if these new settings were also working on my Mac Mail account, which they were. As stated, I usually just use the Virgin Webmail but sometimes I need to access my mail on my Mac Mail account too. I've just tried to do that (2 weeks after this issue arose) but it's rejecting my new password over and over again, even though I'm sure it's correct.

Since my domain name has had to change to gmail, I'm wondering if the issue is a setting in the Accounts info within Mac Mail. I know this is nothing complicated but I need someone from Virgin to inform me what the settings should be, eg is it still pop3.virginmedia.com and should the Email address now be the gmail one. I've tried all the possibilities but nothing works.

The last Virgin advisor said I need to talk to Mac. That is a complete load of rubbish. Of course Mac aren't going to know what the Virgin settings are. Please, I'm begging someone to help me. The frustration is unbearable. Never have I had a satisfactory experience with the advisors from Virgin. This should be a simple question with a very simple solution.

I look forward to hearing from you. I've already spent a total of 3 and a half hours trying to deal with this. Many thanks in advance.

26 REPLIES 26

Great stuff 😊 Glad to hear this has been sorted.

The forum is always here if you need us.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Can someone explain where I put this "App Password" / stupidly-long-password-phrase ?
Mail will not accept it, nor the original email password.🤷🏼‍♂️

Hi there @ChrisW735 👋  Welcome to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

Sorry to see that you're having issues with the App Password being accepted. Just to confirm, where is it you are trying to enter this? Is this a 3rd party mail server via desktop site or app? Or is it via our webmail? Are you getting any specific errors when trying this?

Let us know, we'll be happy to help further if needed.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Thanks for your reply.

I wasn't able to access my email via webmail. The error message was Forbidden.
I have now changed my password (not the "App password") and it seems to be working. Why does this happen? It's pretty annoying!

It remains to be seen what will happen when I try to access my mail on Mac Mail. I will ask again if I have problems there.

I appreciate the reply - it's far better than ringing up.

Thanks for the update @landryangelica and I'm pleased that this has now been resolved for you.

Do please let us know if this issue re-emerges and we'll be on hand to assist where possible.

Thanks,

David_Bn

Yes, sure enough I do have another problem now. 

For the first time since recently having to change my PW again, I'm now trying to access my emails using my Chromebook. I definitely have the correct PW but on the log-in page (the one with the logo of Virgin and 02 together) it just keeps asking me over and over again for my PW. It's not telling me my PW is incorrect (which it isn't), so what could be the reason for this?

Please tell me what to do. It used to work perfectly fine on this Chromebook but since having to change my PW because of that Luxembourg glitch, I'm unable to log in on this device. I'm getting so sick of this. UPDATE: Just tried to log in using my husband's Chromebook and that was fine. What's going on? 
I look forward to hearing from you with a solution. If that PW change means I can no longer access my emails on this device - for some illogical reason - that is totally unacceptable.

I look forward to hearing from you please, David_Bn. Thanks

A week or two ago I was forced to change my PW as I was unable to log in to my Virgin emails. That worked but 
for the first time since then, I'm now trying to access my emails on a different device - my Chromebook. I definitely have the correct PW but on the log-in page (the one with the logo of Virgin and 02 together) it just keeps asking me over and over again for my PW. It's not saying my PW is incorrect (which it isn't), so what can be the problem? 

It used to work perfectly fine on my Chromebook until I had to change my PW. Can you help, please? Thanks in advance.

Hi landryangelica,

Thank you for reaching back out to us, sorry to hear you have been unable to log into your Emails on your Chromebook, are you still able to get in on other devices?

Regards

Paul.

Thanks for replying. Yes, I can get my emails on the computer. However, I need to access them on my Chromebook as well, as I have always done - because it's portable.

I had no problem accessing my mail on the Chromebook until this random issue arose which obliged me to change my Password. I hope you can appreciate that this is necessary and I'm not prepared to give it up because of some weird glitch that has arisen with Virgin. I've seen here on the forum that I'm not the only one who had that message about translating into "Luxembourgish" and then gave the message Forbidden when we attempted to access our mail.

What can you suggest, please?

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Many apologies for the issues faced, 

Sorry just to clarify have you completed the steps provided in regards to generating a new app passowrd at the start of the thread for this matter?

Let us know,

Kain