cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login failed - Error code FSB50

johnat92
Tuning in

Unable to access my Virgin email on my PC as it will not let me sign in?

Tried unplugging the hub from the wall & left for 20 minutes.

Cleared out my cashe, cookies & history.

Turned of my VPN.

Tried logging in, in private mode.

Changed browsers from Firefox to Chrome.

Rebooted numerous times . . . . . . .  but still can't log in!!

emails are accessible on my phone!

Anything else I can try please?

John.

7 REPLIES 7

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi John, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with viewing your emails through My VM. 

Can you confirm if you're able to log in to My VM directly or is this when the error is occurring? 

Let us know so we can help further. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Unable to log into Virgin media at all!!!!

Login Failed - Error Code: FSB50

Your login request was unsuccessful. Please try again.

Unplugged from wall & rebooted hub.

Cleared out cashe, cookies & history.

Turned off my VPN.

Tried to log in,  in private mode.

Rebooted PC numerous times.

Hi johnat92, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

Does this happen when connected to the VM service, via data and any other connection?

Are you still having this issue since posting?

Are you able to log in via the app? 

Chris. 

UhuruNUru
Tuning in

I'm having same issue since yesterday with Firefox, on desktop, and mobile

https://oauth.virginmedia.com/as/AiaswrUstc/resume/as/authorization.ping

Pretty sure this is due to eMails being "Normal Password", not oath2

As my normal browser is Pale Moon, and that auto logs me in to the My Virgin Media site (cached Passwords likely still working from previous logins), but fails to find the email server.

Pale Moon can't find the server at mail.virginmedia.com.

So you've updated the EMail security, but not done that for old logins, mine being an NTLWorld eMail address.

When I joined in 2005 the original eMail, was the only one accepted for login.

This is the only "ViirginMedia" email account I have, and don't want to try to change things, and get locked out completely. Edit to clarify, I have 3 NTLWorld eMails, and this one on the forum is VirgiinMedia, but all use "Normal Passwords".

Thunderbird my eMail client has the ability to set the password security to Oath2, but that didn't help, whivh suggests the normal passwords are still used, but not accepted by the system.

Not sure what you mean by 'connected to VM' via data or other connection'?

I go to Virgin media mail & try to log in with my email address but when I press continue

it just says login failed error code FSB50 your log in request was unsuccessful try again later!

I have so far 

Unplugged from wall & rebooted hub.

Cleared out cashe, cookies & history.

Turned off my VPN.

Tried to log in,  in private mode.

Rebooted PC numerous times.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@johnat92 

You might like to take a look at my post on another thread re the FSB50 error. (Actually, you had posted on that thread earlier so you might have seen it already.)

See it here https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Unable-to-log-in-to-my-account-nor-email-FSB50 

I have posted that advice on a number of FSB50 threads but no-one has come back as yet to say whether it applies to them. It may not be the solution for everyone but it seemed to solve the problem for at least one poster.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Bestfootie1
On our wavelength

I, for one, now have lodged an official complaint with Virgin and if this isn't resolved within the requisite timeframe as required by Ofcom, this will be taken further. This is unacceptable.

I advise you all do the same. Then if and when this gets to Ofcom they will likely have to disclose the amount of complaints they got about the same issue and what action they took. 

It seems the issue has been going since at least 23 August 2023; over 11 weeks ago. This is utterly ridiculous.