cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to log-in to my account, nor email. FSB50

Minimac
Tuning in

Like a few others, I have been unable to log-in to My Virginmedia, and especially my virgin mail, for the past three days.  Have tried sorting it out via the various so called 'Help' pages to no avail. You only get to Chat to a menu-ed chat box. Does anybody know what the error code FSB50 actually means? 

I've turned off my VPN,  cleared my browsing history and cache, and tried using Edge instead of Chrome to log-in.

I think there will be many people out there looking for clear, helpful responses from Virgin!!

Minimac

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Minimacand @johnat92 

This may seem a strange question but do you have the privacy software Kamo installed on the devices that are getting the FSB50 error message? Or have you installed CCleaner because Kamo comes bundled with it?

The reason I ask is that the FSB50 error was reported on another part fo the forum sometime ago and resulted in a very lengthy series of posts.

In one of the later posts in that thread @Stumbler  reported they had found a solution (see it here  https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Can-t-login-to-My-Virgin-Media-to-s...

Stumbler reported that the cause of the problem seemed to be the security software, KAMO and once they removed it the FSB50 error disappeared.

Kamo is a privacy tool designed to stop top online tracking, perhaps in this instance it may be over zealous.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

30 REPLIES 30

johnat92
Tuning in

Got the same problem & tried everything.

The idiot I spoke to at VM told me to log in then . . . .

I CAN'T LOG IN!

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Minimac 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue and thank you so much again for posting. 

I'm going to pop you a private message so we can take a closer look into this, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Minimacand @johnat92 

This may seem a strange question but do you have the privacy software Kamo installed on the devices that are getting the FSB50 error message? Or have you installed CCleaner because Kamo comes bundled with it?

The reason I ask is that the FSB50 error was reported on another part fo the forum sometime ago and resulted in a very lengthy series of posts.

In one of the later posts in that thread @Stumbler  reported they had found a solution (see it here  https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Can-t-login-to-My-Virgin-Media-to-s...

Stumbler reported that the cause of the problem seemed to be the security software, KAMO and once they removed it the FSB50 error disappeared.

Kamo is a privacy tool designed to stop top online tracking, perhaps in this instance it may be over zealous.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Minimac
Tuning in

The removal of CCleaner worked!  Maybe the recommendation should be pinned?

Many thanks

minimac

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Minimac 

Thanks for confirming it worked for you.

Coenoby

Edited to add: You might consider giving @Stumbler kudos on the original post that I linked to - it was their work that found the solution.😉

No Kamo or CCleaner, still can't log in!!!!!

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@johnat92 wrote:

No Kamo or CCleaner, still can't log in!!!!!

Ok thanks for that update. So it seems they are not involved in your case.

Do you have any other privacy tools installed?  Or have you disabled javascript?

If so try enabling javascript in your browser and see if that solves the problem. That's just my suggestion by the way.

Coenoby

booler2002
Tuning in

managed to log in after someone suggested refreshing sign in page several times to move onto next stage same againfor password  a bit frustrating but managed to get to my emails but someone needs to sort this out ASAP please

Hello booler2002.

Sorry to hear you are having similar issues.

Can we please ask if this happens on various browsers?

Have you also tried a private web page to log in with?

Gareth_L