cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email password change?

Chocoa510
Joining in

How do I check or change the password for a secondary email address?

I can see I can delete the address..but where is the facility to check and amend it? The ‘old’ password is blanked out with dots everywhere. So I can’t see what it is to test or amend it.

I have the iPhone Virginmedia app and also checked via pc chrome browser to the Virginmedia site.

please point me to exactly where I can change it.

12 REPLIES 12

Chocoa510
Joining in

It would seem that Virgin has resolved their email issues.

However my wife is still unable to get hers.

We have not changed her password but her email account is demanding a password other than the original.

We can't recall it and as its obfuscated in the iPhone settings can't see it either!.

So tried to reset it... by login into Reset your password with her email address, selecting a NEW password but get this error every time 

"SORRY THERE WAS A PROBLEM REGISTERING THAT PASSWORD.

PLEASE COOSE A DIFFERENT ONE"

(SEE ATTACHED SCREENSHOT)

We have entered numerous passwords upto 17 characters including capitals, numbers and non alphanumerics (ie ! # etc) always back to this message.

HELP.

IMG_4436.jpg

Exactly the same is happening to my primary e-mail address. Not worked since Sunday, though my wifes address, which is the secondary account works fine after the issues affecting everyone else were solved. When I try to reset the password I get the same issue. I spent ages on the phone to Virginmedia support only for them to eventually tell me they couldn't reset it at the moment. This this is causing real issues at the moment because the e-mails aren't being bounced back, so senders are assuming I have got them. I can log into the My Virgin Media account webpage but whenever I try to look at  mail settings I get the oops somethings screwed up message. When I try to access webmail the same. I can go through the password reset security questions and get to the same stage as Chocoa510. Has anyone got a clue what to try next?

PREVIEW

Hi @Chocoa510.

Thanks for reaching out to us. Apologies your wife is still having ongoing issues. With the password issue, we would advise to contact our team where they can assist in changing it so that she has access once again, we are still working on the folders and historical emails.

Sabrina