cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing Secondary email accounts

mitral66
Just joined

HELP!

I need to access the settings of my secondary email accounts to update passwords etc.

On this new website and app, I cannot access the setting for the sub accounts. I have found the link to "Manage my other accounts" but the only option available is to delete the sub account, not manage it's settings.

Is this a PICNIC or have others experienced this?

14 REPLIES 14

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@mitral66 

Secondary account changes now have to be made via the My Virgin Media account for the secondary email.

Sign into the account here: https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media using the email address concerned and the current password. Once logged in click on Update Settings then Account details. You should now see the options to change password etc.

If that isn't available try https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi mitral66, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues updating your secondary email account. 

Have you been able to follow the instruction provided by Graham_A (thank you) to access the account and update the information?

If you are experiencing any problems competing this, please let us know and we will be able to assist further. 

Thank you,

Nat

RockerG
On our wavelength

Frustrating that yet another big brand name in IT makes changes to how you get into your own services, its always said to improve things yet makes you go round in circles looking then having to resort to a community forum just to find out how to...

Why when something isnt broke and us older generation who are familiar with things as they are, have to change a known easy route to get to whats always been so easy to get to baffles me.

I have lost easily more than an hour in my productivity trying to add a new secondary account as to have one for my own domains as an admin address for my host, really how uneccassary all this added work, and I have yet to get it to accept a new one that works on my iPhone.

Help system are usually all bots and too generic and theres rarely an easy way to asdk for simple lines of help. I cant wait for a community reply, it needs doing now.

Only ever reply via the forum, unless stated otherwise, staff can PM to ask for more personal account info in order to assist.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@RockerG In May 2022 Virgin Media removed the ability for new or existing customers to create new Virgin Media email addresses, which is why you can't do so.

See second paragraph here:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/manage-email-account

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

RockerG
On our wavelength

Why the heck NOT.

Part of the VM service package states I can have up to 9 secondary accounts, one is my wife another my son, I have one for general family use then as I run my own domains to be sure that if something goes wrong I use a secondary off the domain grid for contact should the domains email go down, failsafe.

Now all it gave me was access to my VM account using one of my own bought domains, NOT one of the 9 it states I can have something@virginmedia.com

I am going off VM quite quickly lately, as the Super Hub is not great, cannot get wifi round the house, while BT ads guarentees that and the new cable supplier is chasing us to join in, all for a much lower fee that the constant upward fee to VM for 250 broadband.

If I cannot add another secondary email maybe its time to move on, no loyality after 22 years as usual, and no information direct to customers telling them that, just let me now have wasted alomst two houtrs to find I cant add another.

So what happens to my primary ntlworld account with the secondarys attached, I am suppose to now change them all I suppose if I leave.

Only ever reply via the forum, unless stated otherwise, staff can PM to ask for more personal account info in order to assist.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi RockerG,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on the Community.

I am very sorry to hear you are unhappy with the decision to remove the new email option from our services. This will not impact any current active email accounts created prior to the change taking place. 

If you do choose to leave Virgin Media, your emails account will be deactivated within 90s of the disconnection as part of the terms of use. 

With the WiFi issues, we now have our WiFi Max service available. For information on this please see here

Thank you, 

Nat

I've had exactly the same problem with the secondary email address and no one was able to fix it after 11 weeks of trying yet this seems a common issue recently.

I have been with VM for over 20 years and have now ended my contract with them over this, hours wasted on the phone and by emails

Hi clareguy1, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you have been having issues with the secondary account, has this now been resolved. 

it is saddening to hear that you are decided to end the contract and do hope that you return in the future. 

Kind regards, Chris

Jon-knight
Tuning in

Same here plus very misleading guidance from VM tech support.

Time to leave VM perhaps.