cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't sign my blueyonder into mac or iPhone

bensonfive
On our wavelength

Whenever I setup my blueyonder account with either my MacBook or iPhone it keeps telling me wrong settings I enter correct password and details, but no luck.

Thank you in advance for your help

Regards 

Bensonfive

9 REPLIES 9

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@bensonfive Try creating a Mail app password for the email address concerned and use that in the password fields of you email apps.  Instructions here:

VM have recently changed the log in requirements for accessing VM Mail via third party apps.

If you change the password for the account in My Virgin Media > Account settings > Account details you will not be able to use the new password to access the account via an email client. Email client access now requires an app specific password which can be generated in the MyVM > Account Settings > Account details > Mailbox App password management

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Good morning Graham,

Thank you for your advice and hep. I did exactly what you said and created a new password in account details. All ok virgin media end to things, but as soon as I entered details into my phone and MacBook. I got the same error messages as before. please find screenshots attachedmailshot.jpgmailshot22.jpg 

Sorry did not scroll to bottom. All sorted

Thank you 

I deleted my blueyonder email from my iPhone, thinking there was a problem onthe19th June 23, Cannot reload blueyonder account back to iPhone spoke to tech department virgin "oh I'm sorry this is a 3rd party problem.

I changed the password and still no joy for some reason iPhone will not accept virgin protocals

Yes Virgin have lost my history god this is a nightmare!!!!

Ive tried everything

thats the say for me ....This must be a virgin protocol problem 

Hi @stevei124 🖐.

Thanks for reaching out to us. Apologies you have been facing password issues in relation to your email accounts on Apple devices. Are you able to access your emails via a web browser?

Please let us know. 

Sabrina

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@stevei124 wrote:

I deleted my blueyonder email from my iPhone, thinking there was a problem onthe19th June 23, Cannot reload blueyonder account back to iPhone spoke to tech department virgin "oh I'm sorry this is a 3rd party problem.

I changed the password and still no joy for some reason iPhone will not accept virgin protocals

Yes Virgin have lost my history god this is a nightmare!!!!

Ive tried everything

Have you generated and used the new Mail app password as described in my reply to the opening poster of this thread? It worked for them and should work for you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

still cannot reload blueyonder onto my iPhone (as per clip from benonfive), starting to change emails to gmail its a long process.

I still have no history returned to my account, I can't believe that Virgin should be allowed to do this its outrageous 

NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER!!!!!!

Hi stevei124

Thank you for your response.

Are you able to access your emails via a web browser?

I can also see one of our VIPS on the community @Graham_A has provided some helpful information on this thread to try also. Has that worked for you?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide