cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email password change?

Chocoa510
Joining in

How do I check or change the password for a secondary email address?

I can see I can delete the address..but where is the facility to check and amend it? The ‘old’ password is blanked out with dots everywhere. So I can’t see what it is to test or amend it.

I have the iPhone Virginmedia app and also checked via pc chrome browser to the Virginmedia site.

please point me to exactly where I can change it.

12 REPLIES 12

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Chocoa510,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

To clarify are you unable to sign into MyVM with the secondary email at all?

Regards,

Kain

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Chocoa510 wrote:

How do I check or change the password for a secondary email address?

I can see I can delete the address..but where is the facility to check and amend it? The ‘old’ password is blanked out with dots everywhere. So I can’t see what it is to test or amend it.

I have the iPhone Virginmedia app and also checked via pc chrome browser to the Virginmedia site.

please point me to exactly where I can change it.

Each email address now has its own My VM account

Secondary accounts changes now have to be made via the My Virgin Media account for the secondary email.

Sign into the account here: https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media using the email address concerned and the current password. Once logged in click on Account Settings then Account details. You should now see the options to change password etc.

If that isn't available try https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password

If no security answers have been set for the email address concerned then you will need to call in for support and select technical issues> email

VM have recently changed the log in requirements for accessing VM Mail via third party apps.

If you change the password for the account in My Virgin Media > Account settings > Account details you will not be able to use the new password to access the account via an email client. Email client access now requires an app specific password which can be generated in the MyVM > Account Settings > Account details > Mailbox App password management

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi

this might get complicated- bear with me.

my wife has an email address (a secondary one)

she is not getting any emails since last week.

I am getting all my emails on primary and my secondary email accounts. She is not.

Even if I send her a “test” email she is not getting them

So, I’m trying to amend her account settings

im trying to get to her secondary email to check the password and then use that to test via via your webmail on pc. 
but 1) I can’t see the password in her iPhone email account settings it just shows …… dots obfuscated!

I can’t find her secondary address on the VM site to view or change the password to test it. I can only find the delete email address. Clearly I don’t want to do this.

I can’t provide the email here as it’s on public view!

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What happens when you try the forgotten password link mentioned earlier here?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response there,

Just to clarify has your wife been able to gain access to the account at all?

Regards,

Kain

Chocoa510
Joining in

Hi Graham_A

Thanks, but we're not getting anywhere.

The crux is that my wife isn't getting any of her emails. We/she have not made any changes to her account.

I get my email so why isn't she getting her's?

Can you resolve that first?

I don't want to complicate things for you or her.

However, I tried your suggestions:

1. We can't log in to her account as we don't recall her password ( its obfuscated to see)

2. So Ive tried  to reset her password by logging in using her email as per the link.

Answering the security questions - which passed.

Tried to choose a different password at least twice now. but it the site just says says this each time! So I can't change the password either now.

Chocoa510_0-1687350601943.png

Chocoa510
Joining in

Hi Kain

Sorry the thread updated with my seeing it.

YOU : "Thanks for the response there,

Just to clarify has your wife been able to gain access to the account at all?"

She isn't getting ANY emails even test ones Ive sent her fro an external gmail address or my Virginmedia address 

We can't log into her account as we don't know her current password ( on iPhone its obfuscated with dots)

We can't seem to change her password either ( see above screen cap of the error

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks again for the response.

Currently we’re aware of an issue that is affecting our Virgin Media email service for customers. 

Our teams are working to resolve the problem as quickly as possible, and we apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,

Kain

Chocoa510
Joining in

Thanks Kain

Ill pursue the password problem another day when the email issue is cleared ( though the time/date keeps moving forwards)

appreciate the support to date.