cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email address not recognised

DebG
Joining in

I’m trying to log in online to change my password. I can access my email fine on my phone but my saved password isn’t recognised when I try to log in online…so i click forgotten password and then it asks for email address then says email address not recognised. 
I don’t have a Virgin account anymore but i even used the old account details that it requests when I click forgotten email address. 
I only have one other email address and I’ve tried to use that too. 
Im afraid that if anything happens to my phone access I’m totally locked out of my account 

I see many others have the same issue but can’t see any solutions 

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@DebG wrote:

I’m trying to log in online to change my password. I can access my email fine on my phone but my saved password isn’t recognised when I try to log in online…so i click forgotten password and then it asks for email address then says email address not recognised. 
I don’t have a Virgin account anymore but i even used the old account details that it requests when I click forgotten email address. 
I only have one other email address and I’ve tried to use that too. 
Im afraid that if anything happens to my phone access I’m totally locked out of my account 

I see many others have the same issue but can’t see any solutions 

Sorry to say but you need an active broadband subscription to continue using VM email addresses (virgin.net, virginmedia.com, blueyonder.co.uk, ntlworld.com)

The info below is from the 'What else to do if I'm leaving' section on the https://www.virginmedia.com/help/leaving  page.   "Any emails you want to keep from your Virgin Media email address, as this will close 90 days after your disconnection date. Just make sure you forward anything important to a new email address."

Also section D.6 of the VM/Terms_and_Conditions 

Any email address allocated by us to you will at all times belong to us and you may not transfer the address to any person. If this agreement ends, yourright to use that email address will also end and you will no longer be
able to use the email address, so please make sure you have an alternative email address and let your contacts know of the change, as we cannot do this for you. Please see our acceptable use policy for more detail on email
address usage and our Help and Support page (by clicking here) on what happens to your email when you leave us.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks, I’ve had this email address for about 10 years and left VM a couple of years ago! I also wasn’t a customer throughout the time I’ve had this email account. I’ve never had any issues and, as I say, it’s still working fine. If this is a new policy of removing the account if you’re no longer a customer then ideally I just need to log in to set up forwarding. 
Hopefully someone from the VM team will advise. 

Hey DebG, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you are having some issues with your email

We only offer an email address to active customers with us, if you are not an active customer anymore emails get deleted 90 days after leaving us.

Once they are deleted we cannot get these back.

As what is mentioned above this is correct. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?