cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder Email Not Working and Unable to Download to Outlook

Railly
Joining in

Yes, we've been having the same issue since last Tuesday. My husband and I have had this email address for at least 20 years. It's our main one and we use the MS Outlook app. My husband had talked to them twice this last week to try and get it resolved but the Virgin operatives just follow the same script, we repeat the same steps that don't work, and they assure us they're looking into it. It's something to do with 'two-factor authentication' they said. Meanwhile, we're frustrated.

Only last year there was a widespread Blueyonder outage and Virgin 'lost' all our emails before slowly and piecemeal reinstituting them. That was a stressful time too.

Many years ago (15, maybe?), we did have a spate of similar issues with accessing Blueyonder through the MS Outlook app, and it was usually something to do with SMTP and POP3 changes, but it's so long ago I cannot remember how we resolved these. It's surprising the techies at Virgin are unfamiliar with these email protocols.

[MOD EDIT: Post split to create own thread]

6 REPLIES 6

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Railly, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

We are aware of an current email issues affecting customers.

Can I just confirm you are an active customer with us?

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

DarylJP
Tuning in

I think I might be experiencing the same problem, I have had a blueyonder email address for about 20 years and i use the outlook app on my samsung android phone but it stopped syncing on the 26/May/24. My emails are still syncing on Outlook for windows and my Samsung email app on android so it looks like the problem is unique to outlook for android although my wifes emails still seem to be working OK at the moment. I removed the account from outlook and then tried to reconnect to it, it just says there is an error logging in and gives up, I have tried several times so i am pretty sure its not me. I am a current virgin media and O2 customer.

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @DarylJP,

Sorry to hear you have been having this issue, with this given that its only on the one system where it is affected, it is likely to do with the Samsung Outlook app, for now we would ask where possible to continue using the account in the systems you can access.

Joe

The Samsung Email App stopped syncing later yesterday too, which was very worrying, but fortunately, today, I managed to successfully log in on outlook again and the Samsung app started syncing again. Thanks for your concern but all seems to be working again.

Hi Matthew,

Yes, we're active. I have only just seen your reply - the notification had been diverted to the junk folder 😞 

It's been resolved for now, albeit in a convoluted way. My husband is the account holder and we were trying to change the email password but were going round in circles trying to do this on the Virgin website. The Outlook app on our desktop also threw up dead ends.

Thanks to a genius lady (I wish we had got her first!), she guided my husband (well, me) to add the blueyonder email account to his phone and change the password from there. The Outlook app on the desktop then accepted the changes and, long story short, all the new emails came through. So far, so good ...

Hi @Railly,

Thank you for the update on this. It's great to hear that a resolution has now been provided.

Is there anything else that we can help you with today?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!