Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder email fault

wishi
Superfast

Hi

Is there a fault with blueyonder email? I'm getting this message:

Login to server imap.virginmedia.com with username *******@blueyonder.co.uk failed.

I type in my password, but it's not accepting it, and I know it's correct.

I did a quick status check for area (BS16) and there are some issues with our telly broadband connections.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@wishi wrote:

So, further to my last post, what does he have to do to get my email back, just ring up?

He could either:

• phone and request recover of the email account
  • create an account here and post a request to recover the email account; do not post any personal information until requested to do so by the forum team via private message

NB be aware account recover may not always be possible

FWIW the latter option is likely to be easier than dealing with the call centre.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi wishi, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue with accessing your mail via a client or app. 

We do have a new multifactor authentication system so you need to ensure you're using a newly generated app password to access your mails. 

Can you confirm if you've already done this? If not, pop back and let us know and we can support you further. 

It's also worth ensuring that you have the settings set up to match these

Keep us posted on how you get on.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

I found out what the problem is and it's my hubby's fault 🙄 He had to speak to customer services on Monday to renegotiate our TV package to bring down the cost and decided he didn't want his blueyonder account any more as he doesn't use it, so he deleted it, and didn't realise it would also delete mine! 😒 I went on X yesterday to ask and they couldn't find my blueyonder email associated with our account. They said that's what he'd done, the dafty.

Anyway, all that aside, I've been using Mozilla Thunderbird (the new version of Outlook doesn't like blueyonder, it doesn't recognise it as a valid email) and now and then it wouldn't connect to the server, timing out. I was thinking of chucking Thunderbird, anyway, as I don't like it. It had never asked for a password before, but that's obviously because it couldn't get onto the server!

wishi
Superfast

So, further to my last post, what does he have to do to get my email back, just ring up?

TY

Hi wishi

Thank you for your response.

We appreciate you letting us know you've found the cause of the issue.

If you have any further questions, please pop back to us and we'd be happy to help :). 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@wishi wrote:

He could either:

• phone and request recover of the email account
  • create an account here and post a request to recover the email account; do not post any personal information until requested to do so by the forum team via private message

NB be aware account recover may not always be possible

FWIW the latter option is likely to be easier than dealing with the call centre.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

Ah, OK, he hates talking to the call centre! 😂

He doesn't use the forum, though; is it OK if I send a private message or does he have to do it? He's the account holder, I'm not, you see

wishi
Superfast

PS Found this https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Help-recovering-a-deleted-email-account/td-p/5329116 and we had a go. My blueyonder email address is still valid, but when we go into My VM there is no option to add in another Virgin account (mine, the secondary one)

Thanks for coming back to us @wishi.

For E-Mail matters we would need to discuss this directly with the account holder.

As previously advised, the account holder is welcome to contact us via their own account on our Forums or via our call centre on 0345 454 1111 / 150 from a Virgin Media landline.

Thanks,

David_Bn

Cheers, David. I'll let him know