cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help recovering a deleted email account!

mjrudge
Joining in

Hi,

I've accidently deleted my email account today and am hoping it can be recovered before being removed from the server but unsure how to go about getting this sorted.

Tried speaking to customer services who told me I could do this on the app, but I can't see how???

Another problem I have with the email is that it has been hacked and the password replaced, which is what I was trying to rectify when I accidently deleted!

Thanks

Matt

11 REPLIES 11

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey mjrudge, thanks for your first post on our help forums and welcome to the VM community.

We're sorry to hear of the deleted email issue, eager to best assist you with this issue where possible.

We can assume as this email was deleted it must have been a secondary email account, please find more on how to manage your email accounts on this page here.

Unfortunately, once an email account has been removed this is permanent and we cannot recover it, however to be sure you may check here if this is still an active email address (using the validate button).

Please, check this and let us know more - we're here to support you with this in the best way we can.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

mjrudge
Joining in

Thanks for the reply.

You're right it is a secondary email account, I have followed the link and it shows it is still active.  I assume this is until the server has been updated?

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for this reply and for checking, mjrudge.

Good to know it's still active, are you able to log on to MyVM and go to account settings>account details to find the 'manage my email accounts' and secondary addresses at the bottom of this page?

If no options show there to recover this, let us here know and we'll be able to look into this for you.

Adri
Forum Team

Hi 

I’ve just checked and there are no options for recovery.

thanks 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @mjrudge 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your email

I'll drop you a private message now to collect some more information and investigate further, keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

Thanks, 

I have not received a private message yet.  I have followed the instructions above and under account settings I only have the option to create new accounts not recover old ones.

I have tried the email check above and the email address is still active, so hopefully it can be recovered, but who do I need to contact to get this done?

Hi there,

Did you managed to get your email recovered? I’ve got the same problem. After all the problems lately with virgins email service, my secondary email stopped receiving emails. I tried everything and last option was to delete and reinstall the email. Sadly I didn’t realise that deleting was a permanent thing. I have checked and the email is still valid, but only have the option of adding an email, not recovering an email.

kind regards Neil

Hi @neilbaker99 👋

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear you're also experiencing the same issue. 

I'll pop you a PM 📩 now to help further.

Speak soon. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

mjrudge
Joining in

Hi Neil,

Unfortunately I haven't been able to resolve the issue.  I was told it was being handed over to IT and then never heard anything further.  Your message has prompted me to chase which I will now.  I'll update if I hear any more!

Matt