cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

403 forbidden error message

mikes2400
Fibre optic

Suddenly every time I try to access my Blueyonder email account on the Virgin website I get a 403 Forbidden message. I reported it today by phoning Virgin but they didn't have a clue why it's happening or how to correct it. The person I spoke to was a complete idiot with not even any basic computer knowledge, yet he said he was part of the technical support team! He said he'll ask for it to be investigated but it will take 3-5 working days.I despair.

14 REPLIES 14

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi all,

The 403 Forbidden error message can display when there has been an issue authenticating your email details, between your device and our servers. This can sometimes be a single-device issue, but can also affect other devices too.

The best way to resolve this issue is to perform a password reset for your Email(s) (via My Virgin Media Settings) and then, after an hour, the error should be gone and you should be able to access the service as normal.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

You've not properly read what I said was my problem. Virgin has me down (wrongly) as only having an Outlook .com email address (and even sends my bill statements to it instead of blueyonder). All my online attempts to reset my blueyonder password therefore end in me being told I cannot change my blueyonder email address.

The 'temporary' fix to the original 403 problem that Virgin chose, using Outlook, would (they said) only be for a few days) but that was over 2 months ago! It works up to a point but if I can't log into my blueyonder account directly then I could easily lose access to my emails for good.

Why do I have to accept this nonsense when it was Virgin who messed up my account in the first place? And they told me the original 403 problem was affecting lots of other customers as well.

Sorry to hear this do we need to update the email and password settings on the BlueYonder email then don't we? 

Did you try accessing it on Google Chrome in private mode? Cheers

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

As I said, the complicated way that Virgin have now arranged my logins makes it impossible for me to update the password on my blueyonder account in the normal way. Only someone in Virgin can overrride that set-up and restore me to normal logins (with a new password). What browser I use is irrelevant until this is sorted out.

So can you arrange that please? Otherwise I'm stuck with this, even though it was only supposed to be for a few days. Are you prepared to help?

Sorry to hear this, let me send you a PM and we can look at updating the password or raising an IT ticket for you.

Please look out for my PM. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?