cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ntlworld sent emails missing

funduffer
Tuning in

The Sent emails from my ntlworld email account have mostly all disappeared. I can only see the most recent ones from a month ago. The previous 10+year's worth have gone /  no longer visible. This has happened in the last couple of days.

Can they be restored? Anyone else with this problem?

To answer some anticipated questions:

No, they are not visible on the VM website nor through Outlook on my PC.

No, I haven't changed any setting.

No, they are not in Trash or Spam

No, I have not used up my data allowance (1.5Gb used out of 25Gb)

No, the emails are not being diverted to another account.

I am using IMAP/SMPT servers. These haven't changed.

4 REPLIES 4

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey funduffer, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear about this.

When you say gone could these have been permanently deleted by accident? 

Did you update any software at all?

This memorable seems low for over 10 years of emails, is that 1.5gb for 10 years or right now? Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

funduffer
Tuning in

No I didn't 'accidently' delete them.

No, I haven't updated any software.

I control email sizes actively. Very large ones I move offline. I have never got close to exceeding the storage limit.

Is there any chance they can be restored? I fear not.

@ntlworld emails have probably had their day and I think it is time to abandon Virgin Media email and move onto something more generic that is not under the control of a telecomms company.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

I can't comment on your immediate problem, but you are certainly correct in your conclusion. You need to get a more reliable email address, either with one of the large free providers or with your own domain. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thanks for coming back to us funduffer,

We do apologise that majority of your sent emails have suddenly disappeared without any notice. Due to this, I am going to send you over a private message and take some details so we can investigate this matter further for you. 

We will raise this issue with our IT department to see if there is any way we are able to retrieve these deleted emails on your behalf. 

Please click on the envelope at the top of the page to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi.