cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

403 forbidden error message

mikes2400
Fibre optic

Suddenly every time I try to access my Blueyonder email account on the Virgin website I get a 403 Forbidden message. I reported it today by phoning Virgin but they didn't have a clue why it's happening or how to correct it. The person I spoke to was a complete idiot with not even any basic computer knowledge, yet he said he was part of the technical support team! He said he'll ask for it to be investigated but it will take 3-5 working days.I despair.

14 REPLIES 14

mikes2400
Fibre optic

I finally got an email from Virgin Internet Security (several hours later), telling me to change my log in details for my Virgin Media and then my inbox would be unlocked. I did that, but STILL I get "Forbidden". How can I ever get into my email account again? Virgin seems to have completely messed up my ability to email with my blueyonder address.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi mikes2400 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome back to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you've had trouble accessing your Virgin Media Mail and have continued to experience the issue after speaking with our team. I've taken a look on our side and can see that you spoke with our team shortly after your last post, and the issue was identified to be resolved.

How are things since contacting us?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

After several attempts they finally managed to find a temporary fix that allowed me to log in. But they said this is a widespread fault that's cropped up recently affecting lots of people and it may be a long time before I can log in in the normal way. There are clearly serious problems once again with Virgin email.

Quorny
On our wavelength

I too am finding it increasingly difficult to access my ntlworld email account. I've got the dreaded forbidden and Luxembourgish page come up. No fix from Virgin as yet

Hi Mikes2400 👋 thank you for returning to this thread to keep it updated!

Glad to hear the internet security team were able to help get this resolved for you in the end, apologies for your experience in the process. Please do let us know if you have further issues so we can investigate and offer some support. 

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

Hi Mikes2400, did you ever get this resolved and if so what was the solution?  I have the same problem now with blueyonder and the support agent made an appointment for me with an engineer to check my cables but I am very skeptical that this is the problem judging from what everyone else is saying ... so I am not clear as to whether there is a fix for this or not?  Thanks for any advice

somerset333
On our wavelength

If anyone has found a solution to this, it would be helpful to know what it is as I dread being unable to access or losing blueyonder emails ...

The problem still hasn't been resolved. The 'temporary fix' that Virgin imposed on me (where I have to log in via a completely different email address) was supposed to be just for a few days and they said they would let me know when I could log in normally. But I never heard from them again, which means at any time I could suddenly find I can't log in again. They are just trying desperately to devise workarounds - I can't trust them anymore.

Forum Team - Can you resolve this? I could be locked out of my email at any time. It's nerve-racking.

Just to explain further, - because of mistakes made by Virgin that has messed up my blueyonder account - they say I can only log in via my Outlook email account, As a result Virgin now contacts me (eg my bill) by emailing my outlook account (even though I only use the blueyonder account). How do I get out of this crazy set-up?