cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kei_M
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're pleased to announce that we've strengthened our partnership with Netflix.

Virgin Media O2 has today refreshed its top packages, the Ultimate Volt bundle and the Biggest TV bundle, to include a Netflix Standard Plan, offering customers all of their favourite entertainment in one easy and convenient place.

Expanding on the already fully integrated experience and the existing option to add Netflix to their bill, Virgin TV customers who take one of the newly refreshed bundles can now enjoy a Netflix Standard Plan as part of their package, meaning there’s no need for a separate payment or direct debit.

As part of the bundle shake up, new and existing customers can enjoy ultrafast broadband speeds and a data-rich mobile SIM, with the ability to manage their Netflix plan along with their regular TV service via My Virgin Media online or through the My Virgin Media app coming soon.

Virgin Media O2 customers who haven’t yet discovered Netflix can now enjoy great quality TV, movies and documentaries that they’ll love and can watch as much as they want, all as part of their Virgin TV bundle, while those who do already have a Netflix plan can simply transfer their billing to Virgin Media to enjoy the ease and convenience of Netflix as part of their Ultimate Volt or Biggest TV package. And, for telly lovers who want to upgrade from the Standard Plan to a Netflix Premium Plan, Virgin Media O2 is offering the option to do so for just £5 more per month so members of their household can enjoy Netflix in 4K on up to four devices simultaneously.

Introducing the new Ultimate Volt bundle 

The Ultimate Volt bundle, Virgin Media O2’s first joint offering, combines the power of Virgin Media’s fixed network with O2’s award winning mobile network, to give customers of both brands more – more speed, more data, more value. Customers who take the Ultimate Volt can enjoy Gig 1 broadband, an unlimited data O2 SIM, tonnes of TV favourites, two Virgin TV 360 boxes and a Netflix Standard plan, as well as access to exclusive perks and experiences with Priority. Packing plenty of speed, data and entertainment to keep the whole household happy, the newly updated Ultimate Volt offers incredible value from £85 per month.

Introducing the new Biggest TV bundle 

The new Biggest TV bundle offers M100 Fibre broadband, BT Sport in 4K Ultra HD, Sky Movies in HD and Sky Sports as well as unlimited weekend calls to UK landlines and Virgin Mobile numbers, a Virgin TV 360 box and a Netflix Standard Plan. Ideal for TV fanatics, the Biggest TV bundle is available from £87 per month.

This addition of Netflix follows Virgin Media being the first Pay TV provider to bring the Netflix app onto its service back in 2013, with single billing added in 2018. Since the beginning of the partnership, Virgin Media has seen an exponential increase in viewing through the Netflix app on Virgin TV, with millions of hours watched already in the first few months of 2022 alone.

Find out more about Virgin Media O2’s bundles at https://www.virginmedia.com/tv/netflix

FAQ

I'm an existing customer / I already have Ultimate Volt from before Netflix was added - will Netflix be added to my package automatically?

If you are have the Ultimate Oomph Bundle or the Ultimate Volt Bundle taken out before 21st March 2022, unfortunately Netflix will not be included in your bundle. You will need to move to one of the new bundles (Biggest TV Bundle, Biggest TV Volt Bundle, or Ultimate Volt Bundle) to benefit from inclusive Netflix.

What happens after I take out one of the new bundles?

Once you move to one of the new bundles, you will receive an email with instructions on how to activate Netflix, usually within 24 hours. Please follow the link in that email in order to activate your Netflix account. If you already have Netflix, simply use the same email address that’s currently associated to your Netflix account during the activation process, and your Netflix account will transfer over automatically, with your profiles, watchlist and viewing history intact. Please do not try to activate Netflix via your Set top Box, if you are not on one of the bundles above, as this may result in Netflix billing being added to your account, which is a chargeable service.

117 Comments
MMN22
Joining in

What a performance and still no email link for Netflix! Signed up for a new contract on 18th April Ultimate Volt 600 (that was a saga) didn’t receive confirmation email as it was sent to an incorrect email.  Iv been dealing with WhatsApp messages all week trying to sort and finally had enough and went to cancel but someone in retentions sorted several issues for me BUT I still don’t have any email link to allow sign up for the included Netflix!  

You can’t send in a complaint we form it DOESN'T WORK and I can’t spend all day waiting for WhatsApp messages to respond. Hoping someone here can resolve. I already have a separate Netflix account but I don’t want to continue paying for a separate subscription when it’s part of my new package!

Any insight or help would be appreciated..

UPDATE

SUCCESS!! I tried the add Netflix in my account page and it actually worked my account has transferred and I have received an email from Netflix to confirm…and breath….

dmason197
Fibre optic
Hi dmason197,
Unfortunately, Virgin Media let us know that they were unable to bill your account through your Virgin Media subscription. We are cancelling your membership, effective on Wednesday, April 20th, 2022.
If you have any billing questions please contact Virgin Media.
Obviously we'd love to have you back. All you have to do is restart your membership.
brightonjohn
Fibre optic

I signed up for the Netflix addition and I also selected Netflix Premium (which I already had direct from Netflix). On 9/4/22 I got an email confirming that I now had Netflix Standard. What happened to the Netflix Premium that I agreed to pay £5 extra for?

brightonjohn
Fibre optic

Still, the good news is that according to my Netflix Account page it is now billed through Virgin Media package, it is still premium ULTRA HD and the profile and parental controls have not changed either so I'm pretty pleased with that; so long as it stays like that!

dmason197
Fibre optic

Well I added Netflix and now It states It couldn't be billed through Virgin Media?

What should I do?

Kind regards 

Dean

brightonjohn
Fibre optic

Sorry Dean - I just followed instructions. I was already on the all singing, all dancing package although that has just been reduced in price for me down to £102 per month. That was after I suggested to Virgin that I probably didn't need the sports and movies channels. 

Mundo
On our wavelength

Just clicked on the "Activate" button on VM website and Netflix is now working with no error messages

Hope it lasts

dmason197
Fibre optic

Yes same here mine appears too be working again but for how long?

Kind regards 

Dean

dmason197
Fibre optic

Can't believe they are now launching the Virgin TV Streaming box tomorrow so excited 😆 😄 😍 

Kind regards 

Dean

anthpieface
Joining in

Credit where credit is due. I finally received the activation email this morning for Netflix and after clinking the link the process was straight forward. I took the advantage to pay the extra £5 for ultra.    

Harley2017
Superfast

I received an email from Netflix this morning to inform me that VM didn’t pay them.!!!!

I have the Ultimate Oomph package…can I get the new code please  

AJS444
Tuning in

So as a Netflix premium account holder, with my payment to them stopping on May 4th, do I go to "sign up" or "sign on" using my already registered username?

My billing for Virgin shows Netflix included on my Volt package. 

Gavlar6
Tuning in

I have a previous comment in this thread. I waited for my Netflix subscription to cancel before attempting the billing through VM. So far this has been success. Netflix was not originally in my Volt bundle, it was only later applied via the e-mail invitation. I believe from the plethora of Netfix problems in this community no matter which option you choose there is no certainty to the outcome.

dmason197
Fibre optic

Not again Virgin Media?

Hi dmason197,
Unfortunately, Virgin Media let us know that they were unable to bill your account through your Virgin Media subscription. We are cancelling your membership, effective on Tuesday, May 3rd, 2022.
If you have any billing questions please contact Virgin Media.
Obviously we'd love to have you back. All you have to do is restart your membership.
Restart Membership
We're here to help if you need it. Visit the Help Center for more info or contact us.
The Netflix team
dmason197
Fibre optic

Why Is Virgin Media doing this?

It's happened too me twice now this is unacceptable especially when I pay my bills on time?

And I'm on the correct Volt Package paying £64.00 per month?

Surely this issue should been solved between Virgin Media and Netflix by now 🤔 🙄 😒 

Kind regards

Dean

Harley2017
Superfast

Absolutely shocking!! Hope you get it fixed. 
I am still waiting on mine getting fixed. VM told me not to resign but to wait until the codes were sorted.

dmason197
Fibre optic

Well It shouldn't have been resolved once and then cancelled again?

We pay a premium too Virgin Media for our services every month. They shouldn't keep letting people down like this?

Kind regards 

Dean

Harley2017
Superfast

Just been onto VM and assured me that I will get Netflix up and running within three working days! Also got a £10 goodwill 

dmason197
Fibre optic

I've been offered no goodwill gesture?

This has happened twice now and I get this message when trying the activation process again?

Sorry, we are currently unable to complete that action. Please try again later.
STEP 3 OF 3

Great! Let's start your membership.

• £10.99/month
    Standard Plan
    Change
  • Virgin Media
    Your membership will appear on your bill
dmason197
Fibre optic

Virgin Media please sort out our Netflix Standard subscription?

It's been cancelled twice now already and there is no definite fix date?

Kind regards 

Dean