cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kei_M
Community Manager
Community Manager

We're pleased to announce that we've strengthened our partnership with Netflix.

Virgin Media O2 has today refreshed its top packages, the Ultimate Volt bundle and the Biggest TV bundle, to include a Netflix Standard Plan, offering customers all of their favourite entertainment in one easy and convenient place.

Expanding on the already fully integrated experience and the existing option to add Netflix to their bill, Virgin TV customers who take one of the newly refreshed bundles can now enjoy a Netflix Standard Plan as part of their package, meaning there’s no need for a separate payment or direct debit.

As part of the bundle shake up, new and existing customers can enjoy ultrafast broadband speeds and a data-rich mobile SIM, with the ability to manage their Netflix plan along with their regular TV service via My Virgin Media online or through the My Virgin Media app coming soon.

Virgin Media O2 customers who haven’t yet discovered Netflix can now enjoy great quality TV, movies and documentaries that they’ll love and can watch as much as they want, all as part of their Virgin TV bundle, while those who do already have a Netflix plan can simply transfer their billing to Virgin Media to enjoy the ease and convenience of Netflix as part of their Ultimate Volt or Biggest TV package. And, for telly lovers who want to upgrade from the Standard Plan to a Netflix Premium Plan, Virgin Media O2 is offering the option to do so for just £5 more per month so members of their household can enjoy Netflix in 4K on up to four devices simultaneously.

Introducing the new Ultimate Volt bundle 

The Ultimate Volt bundle, Virgin Media O2’s first joint offering, combines the power of Virgin Media’s fixed network with O2’s award winning mobile network, to give customers of both brands more – more speed, more data, more value. Customers who take the Ultimate Volt can enjoy Gig 1 broadband, an unlimited data O2 SIM, tonnes of TV favourites, two Virgin TV 360 boxes and a Netflix Standard plan, as well as access to exclusive perks and experiences with Priority. Packing plenty of speed, data and entertainment to keep the whole household happy, the newly updated Ultimate Volt offers incredible value from £85 per month.

Introducing the new Biggest TV bundle 

The new Biggest TV bundle offers M100 Fibre broadband, BT Sport in 4K Ultra HD, Sky Movies in HD and Sky Sports as well as unlimited weekend calls to UK landlines and Virgin Mobile numbers, a Virgin TV 360 box and a Netflix Standard Plan. Ideal for TV fanatics, the Biggest TV bundle is available from £87 per month.

This addition of Netflix follows Virgin Media being the first Pay TV provider to bring the Netflix app onto its service back in 2013, with single billing added in 2018. Since the beginning of the partnership, Virgin Media has seen an exponential increase in viewing through the Netflix app on Virgin TV, with millions of hours watched already in the first few months of 2022 alone.

Find out more about Virgin Media O2’s bundles at https://www.virginmedia.com/tv/netflix

FAQ

I'm an existing customer / I already have Ultimate Volt from before Netflix was added - will Netflix be added to my package automatically?

If you are have the Ultimate Oomph Bundle or the Ultimate Volt Bundle taken out before 21st March 2022, unfortunately Netflix will not be included in your bundle. You will need to move to one of the new bundles (Biggest TV Bundle, Biggest TV Volt Bundle, or Ultimate Volt Bundle) to benefit from inclusive Netflix.

What happens after I take out one of the new bundles?

Once you move to one of the new bundles, you will receive an email with instructions on how to activate Netflix, usually within 24 hours. Please follow the link in that email in order to activate your Netflix account. If you already have Netflix, simply use the same email address that’s currently associated to your Netflix account during the activation process, and your Netflix account will transfer over automatically, with your profiles, watchlist and viewing history intact. Please do not try to activate Netflix via your Set top Box, if you are not on one of the bundles above, as this may result in Netflix billing being added to your account, which is a chargeable service.

117 Comments