Menu

How to report damage to street equipment

Kev_B
Community Manager

Spotted some of our street equipment that's in need of some TLC? We know things can happen, and we're here to help put things right.

If you've noticed a problem with one of our street cabinets, cables or pits recently, we'd like the opportunity to put it right as quickly as possible. Just fill in the template below and post it as a comment, we'll let our team of engineers know so they can get things back to normal.

Please use the comments section to let us know the following information:

(We need to know where the cabinet is; providing a street name and post code is great, pointing out any landmarks or junctions nearby will help us ensure we're reporting the correct cabinet)

Description of damage:

(Pictures if available)

Cabinet Number:

(If available)

How it all works

We'll use the information you provide to report the issue to the necessary maintenance team in your area. We'll kudo your comment to let you know we're acting on it. To keep things tidy we'll remove older comments from time-to-time.

SandraDJ
Tuning in

I have spotted another cabinet with a missing door in my locality.  It is in Shaftesbury Avenue, near Britten Way in Purbrook, Waterlooville, Hants.  An approximate postcode is PO7 5XB.

Andy_Camberley
Joining in

2 damaged cabinets on Upper Chobham Road, Camberley, GU16.

SCE2052 and SCE2071

Have you thought about creating a proper reporting page rather than on this community? It'd make it much easier to report, and you'd probably get more.

IMG_6688.jpg

IMG_6687.jpg

IMG_6686.jpg

IMG_6689.jpg

    

jones55
Joining in

Cabinet with no doors

Cabinet No.: D065L

https://goo.gl/maps/XRvhbxwg8Ju6Kg456

tian905
Settling in

Street Cabinet open on John Heywood Street, Clayton, Manchester, near M11 4BF

AndiH2021
Joining in

Cabinet is located at : AL10 8DD Feather Dell, damaged cabinet linked to high latency as well as high disconnection rate

BQM.png

Damage: The box itself is crooked and the door/cover can be taken off with no key

Crooked Cabinet.jpg

The only number that is on the box is LFA8035. 

It is affecting the whole street and I have also reported this but to no reply, reference number of 61241623.

ModTeam

Hello @Legine 

Thanks for bringing the exposed cable to our attention. 

Please can you confirm the full address of where the cable is located so we can raise it with our street equipment team?

Regards,

Community Moderation Team

ModTeam

Hello @SandraDJ 

Thanks for bringing this cabinet to our attention.

Please can we have some further details? Do you know the house number the cabinet is closest to?

Do you also have a picture of the cabinet or the cabinet reference number?

Thanks,

Community Moderation Team

FifeSurfer
Joining in

Box location: https://goo.gl/maps/f8ST5yn1tN2CNFVq5 - KY6 2JU, Forres Drive, Glenrothes

Damage: Cabinet has been kicked off its mount and is lying on its side. Internals exposed to the elements.

Les12
Tuning in

Door open on cabinet at end of street wires exposed. 

Ts122ae Thomas street new Skelton Cleveland.

culshaw52
Settling in

The CATV cable box number 121B2 has been vandalised, and all the cables are exposed.

The location is near  68 Pierce Lane, Fulbourn,Cambridgeshire,CB21.

Two other CATV boxes in Fulbourn are also damaged, but this is the worst.

Please let me know that this report has been received.

SteffanLong01
Joining in

Problem :

Attention needed to exposed fiber optic cables sticking out of the ground, which are being run over every days by delivery vans and cars, could you please look into the issue before the cables are damaged.

The dead end at 29,30,31 De Braose close, Danescourt, Cardiff CF5 2DH

Thank you.

mt1980
Tuning in

Hello,

I'm a Virgin customer and have been for a few years now. Right outside our house there is a sunken and loose manhole cover that rattles every time a car goes over it. We live on a busy road, so many cars rattle it day and night. It is now so loud that it wakes us up at night and is audible in every room of our house. Please can you get it fixed?

DaftOldeFart
Joining in

Green metal Junction box at junction of Price Street and Osbourne Close in Bolton (BL4 7PL) has covers broken open, exposing wires

punnorg
Joining in

https://maps.app.goo.gl/RV5Tw2FccZ9L4tuw8

Description: Cabinet door open by force, cabling exposed. Also, several customers impacted with broadband downtime.

See image attached:

IMG_20210208_183126.jpg

Bombastic
Joining in

CB76BD09-8603-4E73-A95E-5027AE15FFE5.jpeg4803C951-EE70-4066-BE91-45FBA0593913.jpeg

Bombastic
Joining in

55B17242-C0E6-4B52-BD5F-333C56D2F9CC.jpeg9CC1C2E6-4262-4C32-A3C7-F9B9422E9260.jpegAbove left open by VM engineer in Stockport, SK4 1SZ

Cressida
Tuning in

090221.jpg

Patrick Street, Grimsby DN32 0JQ near Highfield Avenue

RachelMCL
Joining in

20210203_153919.jpgGraffiti on box, please remove it. BA2 3JH, outside no. 1 Lyndhurst Road. Many thanks. 

RachelMCL
Joining in

F85D3335-FBF9-42BA-951E-0A7B5968A9CF.JPG

Graffiti on cabinet, please remove it. BA2 3JL outside no. 65. Many thanks.  

mt1980
Tuning in

Please can I get an update on the noisy Manhole Cover I reported. Woke me up again this morning, yet to see a Virgin media van out to even assess the job.