Menu

How to report damage to street equipment

Community Lead

Spotted some of our street equipment that's in need of some TLC? We know things can happen, and we're here to help put things right.

If you've noticed a problem with one of our street cabinets, cables or pits recently, we'd like the opportunity to put it right as quickly as possible. Just fill in the template below and post it as a comment, we'll let our team of engineers know so they can get things back to normal.

Please use the comments section to let us know the following information:

(We need to know where the cabinet is; providing a street name and post code is great, pointing out any landmarks or junctions nearby will help us ensure we're reporting the correct cabinet)

Description of damage:

(Pictures if available)

Cabinet Number:

(If available)

How it all works

We'll use the information you provide to report the issue to the necessary maintenance team in your area. We'll kudo your comment to let you know we're acting on it. To keep things tidy we'll remove older comments from time-to-time.

Joining in
  • Box number AK0409

Located on junction of Ludford Crescent (DN21 1XB) and Ravendale Road, Gainsborough, Lincolnshire

• Door swinging open and cables exposed
  • Photo available
Joining in

Cabinet number AK0409 - door swinging open and cables exposed.

Junction of Ludford Crescent (DN21 1XB) and Ravendale Road, Gainsborough, Lincolnshire

Photo available but not able to attach. 

Joining in

There are wires hanging out of the cabinet outside 182 Devonshire Way - box C2KC002. Sorry photo will not work.

90B3BA2F-12A3-46FC-853C-069E4F6B8BB5.jpeg

Joining in

Should have said that post code is CR0

8BX.

Up to speed
Joining in

Hazlehurst Lane, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S41 7LX. On edge of top cul-de-sac.

Description of damage:

Cabinet doors open and unlocked. I have pushed the door shut for now.

rsz_20200309_175148.jpg

Cabinet Number:

CH10 2618

Joining in

Hello 

The cabinet at the junction of Ashford Crescent and Portland Road TW153ED is damaged and the doors are always

FC583D61-C857-48A1-8EA2-43DBC0FA8429.jpeg

open. It is currently surrounded by a temporary spoil store for gas main works. 

Joining in

Dear Sir or Madam,

Damaged Cabel tel manhole cover on the pavement outside my property.

I am not sure if I have emailed the correct department, if not, perhaps you can advise. 

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

Gary O’Boyle

Hi gobcoma,

Thanks for letting us know abut this. If you can provide the full post code and more details about the location, we will be more than happy to report this for you. If you can, pictures are also helpful too 🙂

Thanks

Lindsey_C

Joining in

Hi Beth_G, 

There is another open cabinet (A40109114) outside 94 Manchester Road, Bury, BL90TD.

Annotation 2020-03-13 162209.jpg

Kind Regards, 

Mike

Joining in

we have reported several times since october 2019 and still no action! 

cabinet door has been missing from bailey close N11 2JL

please VM attend urgently, thanks!

Forum Team

Hello lubru

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the forums to make us aware of the open and damaged cabinet. 

So we can get this raised and prevent potential issues with service in the area, do you have the cabinet reference or exact location so we can arrange it to be attended?

Thanks

Rob

Joining in

B14019

there is even a VM sticker on it saying 'no one's meant to blow the b***** door off'

been like this since october 19, and several people have reported it at the automated VM number for reporting damaged cabinets

thank you!! 

Joining in

20200122_194418.jpg

Joining in

Door missing cabinet # B14019 on Bailey Close N11 2JL

On our wavelength

East end of Wilmot Road, Shoreham-by-Sea, BN43 6BN

Description of damage:

Missing Door:

Door MissingDoor Missing

Cabinet Number:

Couldn't find one... Was probably on the door??

Info:

I have also reported this to the hotline: 0330 333 0444. Hopefully it can be fixed soon, as this area is full of elderly people who could probably do without any more issues right now!

I tried posting a picture, but its not showing correctly at the moment?

Thanks

Tuning in

Reporting open cabinet

Alma Road between Station Approach and Mountbatten Avenue, Romsey, Hants SO51 8WH.

Cover detatched

Box no RM030305Virgin cab March 2020 small.jpg

Tuning in

Damaged street cabinet on Main Road Duston NN5 6RD

Doors open and cables exposed

Joining in

Box has been left unsecured in 

Church Road

Horley 

RH6

This is at the junction of Church Road and Pine Gardens.

Thank you

Tuning in

I reported this by phone on 12th March 20.

SA3 5EE

20200312_165659.jpg