cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt scam

Llm1
Joining in

I have both Virgin Media broadband and an O2 SIM on pay monthly, today I wasted 2 hours of my time speaking to the script reading hustlers at virgin media through their WhatsApp.

According to the website I am eligible for a free speed boost on my broadband and also double data on my SIM, however the snake oil salespeople at Virgin Media will not apply my volt benefits without committing to a new contract and a price hike. So called deals are also time limited as 45 min after being offered something they backtrack and offer something worse.

Screenshot_20231203_205334_edit_153221168828216.jpg

Screenshot_20231203_205414_edit_153195130735986.jpg

Screenshot_20231203_205433_edit_153169632234330.jpg

Screenshot_20231203_205521_edit_153138897961737.jpg

  

Can someone help with this?

3 REPLIES 3

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Llm1,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear this is happening, can you confirm have you enrolled for the Volt Benefits via your MY O2 app at all? Once you enrol via their app it can take up to 14 days for the benefit to sync over.

Joe

Hi Joe,

I tried to use the O2 app to enrol but it would not let me do it, I also logged into the virgin media website and followed the links which again pointed in the direction of the O2 app but there was an error page instead of whatever was supposed to be displayed.

I have since sorted the issue via the virgin media live chat on the website and within a day they had doubled the data on my O2 SIM and upgraded my internet speed to Gig1 fibre broadband, the Hub 5 was delivered yesterday and all is well.

I must say talking to virgin media through the WhatsApp was like talking to a different business or even some kind of scammer I definitely won't be using whatsapp in the future to rectify any issues.

Thanks for offering assistance with this issue.

Hi Llm1, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one and posting an update. 

We're happy to hear everything is resolved for you now. 

We always take on board the feedback we receive so we can collect the information and use it to learn more about the areas we need to improve. We will certainly pass this information along to the relevant teams regarding the WhatsApp support. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs