cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free booster ? Yeah sure …

B1gsword
Tuning in

So I spent ages on the phone for the tech people to tell me my router is fine.. I knew that. I told them that. The issue is I have a dead spot in my extension. Apparently you need to use the app to test the speed and then the app will let you order a free booster. I’m on volt so I am eligible for this. However the app testing says I’m no longer connected to the internet when I enter the room so will not complete the test. It’s very frustrating and no one is clever enough to understand the issue. It’s like trying to get blood out of a stone just for a bloody booster. Anyone else sharing this experience or able to help point me in the right direction 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

cyclingcylon
Tuning in

If you cannot get a signal in a room to test the signal strength, you need to find the very edge of the VM hub  range and do a test from that position. This may give a signal strength that is above that required to order a pod. if that is the case then you need to take a few steps further away from the hub and test again. Eventually you will be as close as possible to the room where there is no signal and one below the pod ordering threshold.

TBH, I dont really understand why VM do not just allow a customer to order at least one pod if they are on Volt because you have to return all the equipment anyway if you migrate your account away. It seems the 'upto 3 pods' is just a hook to get people to sign up for the service then they have to jump through hoops to get one.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

cyclingcylon
Tuning in

If you cannot get a signal in a room to test the signal strength, you need to find the very edge of the VM hub  range and do a test from that position. This may give a signal strength that is above that required to order a pod. if that is the case then you need to take a few steps further away from the hub and test again. Eventually you will be as close as possible to the room where there is no signal and one below the pod ordering threshold.

TBH, I dont really understand why VM do not just allow a customer to order at least one pod if they are on Volt because you have to return all the equipment anyway if you migrate your account away. It seems the 'upto 3 pods' is just a hook to get people to sign up for the service then they have to jump through hoops to get one.