cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt. Speed Boost

epwg1
Joining in

Hi everyone,

I seem to be in the same boat as quite a few other people in that I haven't received by volt speed boost yet (250 >350).

Broadband was activated two weeks ago with the O2 portion being activated last Saturday.

Both the O2 and VM accounts were setup at the same time and there is no discrepancies in account details.

On my Vm account page under broadband it states - 'We’ve noticed you don’t have our Ultrafast Fibre Broadband in your package. Check out our broadband deals so you can browse, watch, stream and game more with ease.' I do have it, I'm looking at the 5x hub right now 🙂

Also, the VM connect app can't find the 5x 'Looks like we've lost connection' Tried the IOS and Android versions of the app, always the same outcome.

Can anyone help pointing out what to do?

Thanks!

16 REPLIES 16

epwg1
Joining in

Oops, to clarify, the double data boost was activated last Saturday on O2. VM went live on the 15/04.

GlynF1
Joining in

Hi, I have exactly the same situation (posted the same question this morning).

I've noticed that the My VM page doesn't seem to show which package I have anywhere that I can see. I don't know whether it's maybe because it's fibre?

Watching your thread for a solution.

cyclingcylon
Tuning in

Im on the same deal, O2 double data and VM FTTP 250. However, despite being a new customer to O2 and VM, signed up on the doorstep over 6 weeks ago, havent had the O2 double data applied despite raising with both O2 and VM.

Ive been told by my VM account manager, the VM increase in speed to the 'next level' only applies to those who were VM broadband customers before signing for the Volt deal. Dont know if that is accurate and I havent seen any increase from 250 to 350 download speed on VM.

I get the same message within VM about not having ultrafast broadband from them. Crazy!

Regarding the VM Connected app, try uninstalling it, re start your phone then re install.

I was told specifically when I joined that taking the 02 sim would bump me up to the next level speed wise. 
I’ve installed and uninstalled the app many times with no joy on 3 separate devices with no joy.

o2 app says I’m not eligible for volt benefits even though it says volt on the plan and vm thinks I don’t have their broadband. 

I’m guessing here but I think the vm and o2 systems are not compatible with each other and someone is setting up the volt settings manually for each account.

I'm also on the FTTP M250 package expecting to see it boosted to the M350.
I was in touch with customer service via Twitter/X this afternoon - they told me that the speed boost had already been applied to my account. However, the line still speed tests (using the SamKnows RealSpeed test) exactly the same as it did on the day of installation at around 270Mbps.

The thing I found interesting is that on the SamKnows test it shows my Service provider as "Virgin Media, 350x35" - which makes me think it should be the 350 Mbps download and 35 Mbps upload offered by the M350 package.
I'd be interested to see what the "Service provider" shows as for others on the M250 and M350 packages.

The Sam Knows test complains it's not compatible with the router...

epwg1
Joining in

Sigh, here's my latest update..... Kafka would be proud.

Tried moving things on via the VM chat this afternoon only to be told that the O2 Sim I have in the Volt package has been deactivated so no boost can be supplied 'I did try to upgrade the package to V350 broadband speed, but the systems say the volt benefits are not added and the o2 sim has been removed and the system is not allowing to upgrade the package.'  The sim is active and I'm being charged for it. 

They then tried to give me the 350 speed for £10 more than I'm contracted to pay. I was then passed on to another advisor and explained the situation again seeing them proof of what I actually signed up for they finally agreed I was actually on the Volt package after all but there was nothing they could do to remedy the situation - 'As per checking here on my end you're on a Volt deal. What I can do now is to provide you a number where to call for further assistance with your upgrading of broadband speed. Kindly contact O2 sim on this number 0344 809 O2O2 to update them that you are an O2 sim customer and also to our Customer Care for updating your broadband speed to your account on this number 0800 064 3840.'

So far I've been told that I've not got VM broadband and I don't have an active Sim with O2. Why did I have to send proof of what I've actually signed up for? Are their systems really that bad? Is nobody able to take responsibility for this and sort it? All I'm after is what my contract states.

One hour and 30 mins to get no further forward

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can double check what speed you've been assigned by opening a browser window and logging  into the hub settings  http://192.168.0.1/   and going to the Advanced Settings > Configuration tab

See what it shows under Max Traffic Rate for both the Primary Downstream Service Flow and Primary Upstream Service Flow.(as per screenshot below)

traffic rate.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

This option doesn’t seem to be on the 5x hub

IMG_0321.jpeg