cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On/Off button not working on remote

AdrianWhyte
On our wavelength

Trying to get a replacement remote for faulty one.  The on/off button works intermittently and is getting worse. 

I have tried using VM web to order but keep going around in circles tried chat but that not working !!.

Can someone help please.

5 REPLIES 5

roy247
Community elder

Hi Adrian,

The quickest way to get a remote would be to call 150 from your Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone or wait for a member of the forum team to pick this up which could be 2 to 3 day's.

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi AdrianWhyte 

In the meantime, if you haven't already done so,  you could download the TV Control app and use that as a temporary remote.

There are links to download the app for ios and android systems on the following page :-

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/telly-hacks-2020 

Plus details of how to use the app <<< here >>> 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

AdrianWhyte
On our wavelength

My V6 remote on/off button is not responding.  I tried ordering on the VM site but kept going around in circles.  I tried using the chat function but that wasn't working albeit was within the working time.

Can anyone suggest a solution - getting frustrated. 

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey AdrianWhyte, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear you are having some trouble ordering a remote.

Let me send you a PM and we can look at ordering one for you. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Glad we've managed to get this ordered for you 🙂 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?