cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Call back from Technical within 24 hours.

bugsyt
Tuning in

Hi 

Contacted VM yesterday regarding a fault with one of my V6 boxes, a few months ago I had the dreaded green screen, which managed to fix itself after 45 minutes. I then had another green screen the other day, I tried, after looking on this forum to resolve it by removing power cable, holding down volume + and power buttons simultaneously and plugging power cable. 

This resulted in a factory reset, lost saved recordings ( not too much of a problem ). The box can now record via series link etc. The problem is the only app that is working is Netflix, I cannot get Amazon Prime, iPlayer,ITVX, Channel 4, My 5, Pluto TV. 

This also affects on demand programming using these apps.

The VM person I spoke with tried to resolve this from her end but failed, I was then promised a call from technical team within 24 hours. I would like this sorted asap please. Expected better service than this in light of forthcoming 8.8% price rise. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The green "DVR has detected an error" screen indicates HDD failure - in the rare event you get a recovery initially, further failures are only a matter of time. That you have further problems is of no surprise.

@bugsyt wrote:

The VM person I spoke with tried to resolve this from her end but failed, I was then promised a call from technical team within 24 hours.

The correct resolution for this error is a tech visit with a view to replacing the box. There is no other way. In the (unsurprising) absence of a callback, I would redial faults and be insistent on the appointment being confirmed before you terminate the call.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The green "DVR has detected an error" screen indicates HDD failure - in the rare event you get a recovery initially, further failures are only a matter of time. That you have further problems is of no surprise.

@bugsyt wrote:

The VM person I spoke with tried to resolve this from her end but failed, I was then promised a call from technical team within 24 hours.

The correct resolution for this error is a tech visit with a view to replacing the box. There is no other way. In the (unsurprising) absence of a callback, I would redial faults and be insistent on the appointment being confirmed before you terminate the call.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Alan_B
On our wavelength

Just had the same issue with a V6 box that has been replaced after Green Screen...now been 10 days without catchup and yet to find anyone in Virgin that can fix this issue, with Engineer saying it can only be solved by IT. Now getting very annoyed......

Hey Alan_B,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your TV service. The issues that you are referring to should now have been resolved with that has anything changed since you last posted?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L