cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports HD for £19.75 - Web Sales Campaign

DanielFleetwood
Tuning in

Hi. I received an email on 23rd February stating there was an offer on for £19.75 per month which would get me Sky Sports in HD. I promptly accepted this offer and received an email shortly after stating -

Hello,

We've got your order for an add-on or extra – this is exciting.

You'll get an email from us soon, letting you know when it's been added to your package, and to confirm any changes to the price of your monthly bill.

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media team

Upon checking the terms for this offer, it states -

Sky Sports HD – £3.50 extra a month for 18 months: Sky Sports SD subscription required to take Sky Sports channels in HD. This Sky Sports HD offer is £3.50 extra a month for 18 months. From month 19, you will automatically be charged the full standard monthly price, currently £7 extra per month for Sky Sports, unless you choose to cancel by providing Virgin Media with at least 30 days’ notice. Customers can cancel this subscription at anytime, giving 30 days’ notice. Service usually upgraded in 48 hours, but in the case of exceptional services may take up to 5 working days. HD viewing requires HD TV and a V6 or TV360 box.

It is now the 7th March, some 13 days since accepting this offer where the terms say usually within 48 hours but can take up to 5 working days. I spoke with CS over the phone, and via WhatsApp and am being told it's 15 working days to add this offer. Can someone confirm as I am cautious it's a mistake and as this offer ends on Monday, can see this causing issues.

Anyone else has the same issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for coming back to the thread @DanielFleetwood.

I'd be happy to take this to a private message to see if we can have this fulfilled for you if still desired.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Thanks,

David_Bn

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

roy247
Community elder

Hi Daniel,

Who did you speak to when you called CS, if it wasn't retentions I would call again and select the "leaving option" any updates to your package can take up to 14 days when replying to the emails. When you phone and make any changes they can usually be activated while you are still on the phone, calling retentions should get you up and running.

Last contact was via WhatsApp - they apparently put me through to correct department and as this is an online offer by Web Sales Campaigns (and the number of people taking up the offer) the latest I can expect to get these channels added is 15th March as this will be 15 working days since I opted in to this offer via the email link.

Hi @DanielFleetwood,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues in relation to an email offer that you received. Is this issue ongoing for you today? Did you speak with the retentions team over the phone as suggested by @roy247 in their post?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

alan7837
Joining in

Hi Daniel - I've had the same problem.  I accepted the offer on 5 March and have heard nothing since.  I spent an hour and half on the phone to the "retentions team" who were asoliutely hopeless and said they couldn't do anything as it wouldn't appear on their system for 14 days (they obviously didn't know anything about the offer). I made a complaint online and was told to call them again so that was another waste of time! Did you ever get connected? 

Hi alan7837, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you've had issues with a package change. When you take an offer via email or online, this goes to a back office team who complete the change within 14 days. These offers are usually online exclusive so won't be available when calling the team I'm afraid. 

If you have a certain discount already on your account then this can also stop the package change from being processed. As it's been over 14 days, this is something we can look into for you however in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @alan7837

Thanks for sticking with me via private message. 

I'm glad I was able to get everything sorted for you. 😊

If you have any further issues, please pop back to us in the Community. 

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Good afternoon. No I never got this sorted. It has now been 39 days, and still haven't been added so I gave up with it.

Thanks for coming back to the thread @DanielFleetwood.

I'd be happy to take this to a private message to see if we can have this fulfilled for you if still desired.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Thanks,

David_Bn

Good afternoon, I have responded to the DM.

Many Thanks 🙂