cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Code W02

littlebrooklyn
Up to speed

I've been getting issues with my TV screen pixelating for probably at least 2yrs now or longer.  Last time I spoke to someone about it I was only having issues with Quest HD and CS had no answers, so I've had to keep watching from my rooftop aerial, which kind of defeats having cable TV.

Things however have got worse over recent months.  I only have the TV on during the evening and I now have about 3 or 4 channels doing it, although now I get the error code W02.  I've done all the rebooting the box, checked all the cables, nothing works.  Last week I saw a tip about turning the setbox off for 10mins and restarting it all.  Amazingly all weekend the picture was fine, then I've noticed it's starting to pixelate again until it's totally unwatchable and I get the error code and I'm back to switching over to rooftop aerial again. 

I've tried phoning CS but can't get to talk to anyone.  I don't believe the V6 box  is the issue as I used to have 2 boxes and both would pixelate at the same time on the same channels.  

Would appreciate any advice as to what else I might be able to try.

Lyn

9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

W02 is a loss-of-signal error, so the standard advice for all "my picture is pixellating" applies here.

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello littlebrooklyn,

Thanks for taking the time to post in regards to the TV pixilation issues experienced. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know via the forums.

We can see you have spoken to the team since posting, were they able to investigate and offer a resolution during the call? Please let us know.

Rob

Just had an engineer round and hopefully the issue is sorted.  Seems we had a splitter that was going into the V6 box and also the old disconnected box in another room which was affecting the signal strength, so all that has been taken out and right now picture is fine.  Hopefully will stay that way!

Lyn

Well I spoke too soon, only put the TV back on at 5pm and already it's pixellating so much that the channel actually froze.  I've rebooted the box and at the moment it's fine, but obviously the issue hasn't been fixed.  Tried phoning 150 but the system still thinks we are waiting on a visit from an engineer.  Is there a time frame for how long they keep them on like that as I'd really like to try and get it sorted.

Lyn

Hi @littlebrooklyn 

Thanks for coming back to the thread. I am sorry it's happened again. 

From a system check, I can see you've spoke to the team who has sent hits to the box and got it back working for you. No issues are showing today so I do hope everything has been resolved. Please do pop back to the community if you need further assistance.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

It did happen again on Saturday night and for the first time every channel was pixelated, rebooted the box and it's fine now but if it keeps doing this I will have to get them to maybe put a new box in as it's not right to keep doing this and very annoying when it's something you have recorded and can't get back on catch up!

Lyn

We understand and I am sorry to hear this.

If this does happen again please do reach out and we can look at getting this replaced for you. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Happened again last night, was trying to watch something on ITV3 and it pixelated for an hour, was just going to phone 150 but I know they will have me going through all the menus then send me a text message to 'fix' it, which won't work, so I will then have to phone again and they will go through it all again and tell me it's fine.  Have been told twice since last week that I would get a follow up call after the engineer came, but nothing! 😒

Lyn

Hi @littlebrooklyn thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry to hear that your TV signal is still ongoing and for any inconvenience this may be causing you. As you've had a technician attend already and the issue still exists, I would like to take a look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R