cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC 3 Top Gear - failed recordings/Audio Description On

jg666
On our wavelength

Yes I know I can turn Audio Description off during playback but it’s annoying that it is recording with this defaulting to On. Is there something I can do to stop this?

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

13 REPLIES 13

jg666
On our wavelength

For anyone else interested in testing etc there’s another instance of the 7pm Friday episode on the 26th April.

I’m wondering if it’s because it is on for 58 minutes and then there’s a 2 minute catch-up program and then another episode of Top Gear at 8pm. For this reason I’m recording both episodes on one box and just the 7pm episode on the other box…. I suspect it will only happen when I record both.

I have my recordings set to start 1 minute earlier and stop 4 minutes longer.

Hello again jg666,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Can I please ask you to let me know how the tests go.

Gareth_L

jg666
On our wavelength

Test completed tonight.

On one box I just recorded the 7pm Top Gear and that had the same fault on playback.

On the other box I recorded both the 7pm and the 8pm episodes and that also had the same fault on playback.

So my conclusion is that the 7pm recording is always faulty on playback, I suspect it’s something to do with the 2 minute program in the schedule straight after it.

Hi @jg666 

Can you start the recordings earlier to see if that also throws up the issue? Say 5 mins earlier to see if it throws up the same result?

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill