cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why won't my TV360 boxes record BBC1's The Wheel?

Eddie98
Up to speed

I had this issue last year and thought it might go away of its own accord but I'm still getting this problem... My TV360 box absolutely refuses to record BBC1's The Wheel.

When I select "Record Series" the box thinks for a while then a message pops up saying "Sorry we couldn't do this for you. Please try again later". If I select "Record Episode" it schedules the recording but then doesn't record it.

This happens on both of my TV360 boxes and the TVGO app. It happens if I select the programme in the main guide or from the mini guide. It's been happening for a couple fo years whenever there is a new series of The Wheel. It doesn't happen with any other programmes.

I'm baffled. Can anyone help.

15 REPLIES 15

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As a test I set Michael McIntyre's The Wheel to record the single episode that was shown on BBC 1 yesterday (from the EPG) and it recorded  and played back without any issues.

Series 3 and series 4 are both currently available to watch on iPlayer

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you.

Yes, since the original post I have now managed to record a single episode but *not* by using the series link. The series link option for The Wheel is still not working for me.

I’m more bothered about this because the issue is isolated to just one particular show. I’m not massively bothered about the show itself, which like you say is easily accessible on iPlayer. I’d just really like VM to figure out why it is happening, after all it could happen to something I *really* do want to series record in future.

Hi Sabrina. Any further thoughts on this?

Hi Sabrina. As per previous posts, everything else is fine. Any further thoughts on this?

jaberwok
On our wavelength

Perhaps your box is smart enough to recognise Michael McIntyre?

The thought had crossed my mind, @jaberwok!